- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India• Preparation of Inter-Intra company Invoicing and journal entries for month end close process
• Preparation of Inter-Intra company schedules and reconciliation for month end close process
• Ability to extract detailed financial information from the PeopleSoft ERP system as well as regional financial statements for the purpose of preparing proper Inter-Intra company invoicing along with recording all necessary journals to support the Inter-Intra company invoicing.
• Keep current with significant US GAAP changes and convergence with IFRS
• Able to understand internal control policies and learn Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to assigned procedures.
• Ability to liaise with various departments when required to obtain accounting transaction support; analytically reviews accounting transaction support for issues.
• Performs detailed transaction analyses to calculate journal entry amounts.
• Records monthly journal entries based on US GAAP.
• Ensures accounting transactions are recorded to the proper PeopleSoft chart fields (i.e. legal entities, accounts, departments, currencies, etc).
• Applies accounting judgment when calculating journal entry amounts, assigning GL accounts, identifying IC reconciliation items, performing account analyses, and in providing a detailed review with direct manager.
• Proactively identifies issues related to current duties and area of responsibility to direct manager.
• Assists in the preparation of additional account analysis for ad-hoc requests.
• Additional duties/projects as assigned by your manager.
Consolidations & Financial Systems
• 1-3 years accounting experience (preferably in a large multi-national company).
• BA/BS in Accounting
• Working knowledge of foreign currencies and exposure to Intercompany transactions are preferred
• Experience working with Oracle PeopleSoft GL a plus
• Accounting experience(s) in a Global company a plus
• Intermediate-Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Working knowledge of US GAAP required
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.