- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Permanent, Full time
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, IndiaRole / Responsibilities:
- Oversees the finance internal controls programs (i.e. SOX and India Finacial Controls), as well as internal integrated audits projects encompassing finance, shared services, and business operations.
- Focus should include audit area and project management, meeting stakeholder expectations, addressing company risk, carrying out strategic initiatives and communicating results.
- Performs annual risk assessments to develop the financial control plan, and presents the audit plans to CFO and Controller.
- Ensures quality in engagement deliverables and effectively communicates with executive management.
Other essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining Quality: Executes an integrated internal audit plan in accordance with departmental and Institute of Internal Auditors standards.Uses data and technology effectively to determine bespoke testing, continuous monitoring, and repeatable test plans. Assists in developing data analytics and data visualizations. Proactively identifies updates/enhancements to the internal audit standards, processes, templates and audit techniques to increase overall efficiency and quality of internal audit delivery.
- People Development: Motivates team to achieve project objectives, addresses conflicts, encourages cooperation and responds sensitively to staff problems. Coaches team members to enhance their competence and professional development. Establishes, communicates and monitors roles and expectations for project team at the start of the project to ensures project timelines and objectives are met. Acts as a role model by exemplifying high performance for team members. Provides constructive and timely feedback and identifies development opportunities for individual team members. Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships. Maintains independence and objectivity
- Risk-based Strategy: Understanding of Moody's control environment (e.g., mission, strategic objectives, culture and business environment), current and emerging risk profile, industry insights and leading practices for their areas of responsibility. Assists in determining internal audit strategy, annual internal audit plan and developing performance standards and business goals. Drives a risk based approach on audit projects and liaisons with key control functions (e.g. IR&S, Legal, Compliance, external auditors) to understand and assess the impact of new regulations on Moody's business.
- Stakeholder Management: Manages stakeholder expectations and aligns audit projects based on stakeholders objective of the area under review. Develops professional rapport and trust with stakehlders. Communicates audit project scope to senior management, linked to management objectives and field questions, and educates stakeholders on best practices in governance, risk and control. Collaborates with stakeholders on risks and action plans, ensuring timely remediation and action plans aligned to the root cause.
- Efficient Audit Delivery: Assist in formulating the end to end internal audit delivery strategy including (but not limited to) audit planning, execution, reporting and audit follow-up including escalation. Works with the external auditors to conduct joint audit planning for efficiency. Assists in the management of outsourced audit service provider including budgeting, selection, negotiating, contracting and contract performance monitoring. Prepares audit deliverables and provides risk insights for audit issues, overall IA ratings or conclusions.
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA, CA, CIA, CISA or equivalent professional qualification
- 10-12 years of experience in a Big 4 Accounting firm and/or a global organization
- Strong knowledge of internal controls, internal control and risk frameworks/standards, GAAP, financial systems and related technology, and implementation and testing compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Strong knowledge of cyber / information security, IT operations, IT applications and IT infrastructure
- Good understanding of financial services industry risks and relevant regulations.
- Proficiency in financial systems and Microsoft Office suite are required.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- An ideal candidate should be innovative, result oriented and should demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal, persuasion, leadership, team management, project management and critical thinking skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.