BigData with Spark & Scala/Java
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.0 trillion.
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) aims to deliver technology efficiently and effectively with the right capabilities and the best talent for the firm, while removing friction that slows delivery. Enterprise Data Technology (EDT) increases productivity and improves regulatory compliance by managing and governing data in a secure, scalable and frictionless manner. As a central technology organization, EDT aims to make industry standard capabilities accessible and flexible to internal clients and partners in support of effective and efficient data management and governance at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
We are looking for a strong Software Developer responsible for designing,developing,testing and deploying enterprise level products/applications .The Developer will work closely with various developers across multiple Line of Businesses, engineers, product managers, Data scientists ,clients and executives to understand their challenges and craft solutions that help them to solve their toughest problems.
Passionate about data. Think about the barriers that are between people and the data they need to use: arcane database interfaces, coding skills required, inability to iterate quickly with their analysis, time spent fussing with formatting instead of gaining insight. If you want to help solve those problems, and bring people closer to their data, this is the place for you. Key Responsibilities:
- Design and Develop highly scalable and performant applications/products for enterprise data technology services.
- Accountable for designing, developing, testing and deploying applications/products through out project life cycle for client requirements.
- Working with the Application Development Lead, business analysts and other stakeholders to understand application requirements.
- Preparing technical specifications based on approved business requirements document ensuring compliance with current architecture.
- Identifying and escalating gaps in the current architecture that the new solution may expose.
- Developing software according to technical requirements, project delivery framework and internal system development procedure and standards.
- Developing applications using a Practice Test Driven Development approach.
- At least 8+ years of experience in the design and implementation of business applications, preferably obtained within financial services.
- 7+ years of experience in application development using the programming languages: Java, Spring,Scala or Python. Experience working in financial industry is preferred.
- Strong knowledge on Java Design patterns, Core Java 5.0+,Web Services on Java, OOP concepts, Tech Analysis/Design/documentation, Release Management, self-starter, well versed with SDLC & Agile methodologies & good communication Skills.
- 3+ years' experience in building data products using Big Data technologies-Hadoop,Spark,Hive,Kafka/Spark-Streaming. Experience in Public Cloud(AWS/Google cloud)adds great value.
- Hands on experience managing sprints within Agile methodologies and an understanding of product & system development lifecycles. An ability to manage key stakeholders and to deliver tasks across dynamic, mixed disciplinary teams.
- Strong experience in designing and developing REST APIs.
Unix Shell/Perl Scripting, GIT, JIRA.