18077638 - CEP Senior Credit Risk Manager (Financial Institutions Risk Management)
Description About Citi
- Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18077638
Citi, a leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citibank Europe plc (CEP) is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer, with revenues of approx. $2bn and total assets of $50 billion which are expected to grow further. CEP has been designated a significant institution by the ECB and is therefore expected to meet enhanced regulatory expectations especially with regard to risk management. Job Background/Context
CEP Independent Risk Management, headquartered in Dublin, acts as the second line of defense for the holistic management of risk across all business lines and locations of CEP. Within Independent Risk Management, the CEP Credit Risk Team is responsible for the management of credit risk across all business lines and locations of Citibank Europe plc.
The CEP Senior Credit Risk Manager (FIRM) will be responsible for reviewing and managing all aspects of the Financial Institution (FI) credit portfolio in CEP. This will include ensuring the FI credit portfolio is compliant with the CEP Credit Risk Framework, CEP Credit Risk Policy and the CEP Remedial Management Policy. Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and manage CEP FIRM Credit portfolio, perform credit analysis and execute transactions.
- Provide recommendations about specific clients within the portfolio and provide monitoring of all extensions of credit for these names.
- Work with CEP Head of Credit Risk on specific projects, including portfolio reviews, updating of credit processes within the portfolio, presentations to senior management, adherence to regulations and guidelines, IFRS 9 etc.
- Lead the delivery of risk reports/commentary to the Board, Risk and other relevant Committees along with regulators and senior management.
- Be involved with task forces on relevant topics such as expected credit loss models, IFRS 9 and credit portfolio stress testing.
- Lead components of ICAAP, Risk Appetite Statement, Pillar III Credit Disclosures and other ad-hoc regulatory or legal entity governance projects.
- Act as lead contact, if applicable, for information requests from Central Bank of Ireland, European Central Bank, External Auditors and Internal Audit.
- Experience and Skills
- Significant financial services experience including extensive years of credit experience in the FI space (Banks, Broker Dealers, Insurance, Funds, Hedge Funds).
- Understanding of EU / EBA credit regulations and guidelines, regulatory experience or relevant experience in a similar role is desirable.
- A deep knowledge of derivatives, capital market and transaction banking products, ISDA/other trading agreements and loan agreements is required.
- Considerable capital markets experience, strong analytical skills, and the ability to decompose complex transactions into the core risks while providing a holistic view.
- Very strong formal English language writing ability for documents and presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and analytical skills. Ability to interact with very senior management and to build effective professional working relationships across the firm
What we offer
- Post-graduate education in Finance, Financial Risk Management, or other quantitative discipline.
- Citi Senior Credit Officer (SCO) or equivalent qualification required.
This is an exciting role that will give you the opportunity to work very closely with a variety of stakeholders on CEP's Financial Institutions portfolio and provide insights and analysis on the clients to senior management. In addition, you will be able to contribute to and influence key regulatory components of the CEP risk management framework.
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidized gym and subsidized social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer