EMEA Business Change Project Manager
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
Wholesale PMO International team is responsible for managing business change initiatives that may span the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions. Main Function of the Role:
Wholesale PMO International team is responsible for managing business change initiatives that may span the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions.
This Project Manager position reports into an EMEA Regional Lead and will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of change projects that cross multiple Lines of Business (LoBs), and Legal Entities (LEs) whilst working with delivery partners e.g. Legal, Compliance, Finance, Operations. Change projects may range from Regulatory, Compliance, Business Enablement and Strategic Transformation. Responsibilities
- Lead a number of Business Initiatives and Change Management work-streams; interact with stakeholders at all levels and across numerous disciplines to both ensure (i) the objectives of any work undertaken are commonly understood and agreed; (ii) progress against those objectives is communicated in a timely; accurate and appropriate manner, (iii) EMEA Platform/Process impacts effectively and efficiently imbedded as Business as Usual.
- Contribute to the budget process, gathering data on resource requirements to support work-streams under direct management and subjecting initial estimates to rigorous challenge before presenting them for consolidation.
- Escalate, as appropriate, any issues arising in the support of work streams managed which may have a negative impact on the International Platform/Process or the delivery of the project as a whole or on resources and/ or systems.
- Liaise with business partners to define the handover criteria which will signal the transition of a project activity to business as usual and, where appropriate, the program of measures (policy and procedures); training; definition of KRIs etc.) to be initiated to ensure ongoing monitoring of the change implemented.
- Ensure all work undertaken is delivered in accordance with both established Wholesale PMO process and protocols and the Wells Fargo Project Management Policy and Methodology.
- Accountable for direct and independent management of primarily high risk/strategic projects
- Successfully informs and influences sponsors and key stakeholders to promote success of project prioritization, senior and executive leadership through times of ambiguity, and obstacle management.
- Seeks counsel of peers, stakeholders, and/or program/project leads in times of strategically complex or critical ambiguity and adapts planning, communications, and engagements accordingly.
- Incorporates multi-business and enterprise support operations organizational/systems knowledge and navigation to anticipate change impacts.
- Ensures full understanding of project impacts then translates that into comprehensive engagement strategies.
- Performs all usual duties of a Project Manager in accordance with policy, methodology and artifact creation. This includes needs identification; resource requirements; project dependencies, planning and progression; financials management; status reporting; prolific and effective communications; ongoing risk assessment and adaptation; and appropriate escalation strategies and implementation.
- Incorporates regular and appropriate consultation with executive leadership, sponsors, business and other stakeholders to validate project trajectory and project performance feedback.
- Ensures that Risk Controls are met.
- Provides performance feedback to managers of project team members. Regularly coaches other project managers or project coordinators, including matrix management.
Market Skills and Certifications Market Skills and Certifications
- Experience in a combination of different change initiatives e.g. regulatory, compliance, operational risk, people & process, business enablement, etc. Leadership of regulatory change impacting investment banking and governance.
- Change Management experience gained within an International Investment Bank.
- Experience in carrying out business case development, building out project proposals for executive sponsorship; both management consultancy and bank side background considered.
- Ability to manage by influence and so engage stakeholders at all levels, across business and functions to deliver against defined objectives.
- Solid project management experience and ability to clearly demonstrate management of cross functional/cross discipline teams both through direct management and influence.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Proficiency in managing multiple tasks; work-streams concurrently, prioritizing accordingly to ensure consistent deliver to time.
- Strong analytical skills; the role requires interpretation and synthesis of regulatory, business and technical information to ensure that the solutions implemented meet the needs of both Wells Fargo and its clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to vary approach and so ensure that the method of communicating any message is tailored to the intended audience.
- Experience of a Project Management methodology e.g. Prince2, PMP, Six Sigma, etc. Hands of day-to-day expertise of Microsoft Project, and a project management tool e.g. Clarity.
- Unquestionable conduct, ethics and integrity.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.