Global Product Manager - Cross Border Payments
Description Position Objective:
- Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19023630
Citi's Global Cross-Border Payments business is a market leader in cross-border and FX payments.
Through our flagship products, WorldLink Payment Services and Cross-Border Funds Transfer (CBFT), we offer cross-border payments solutions to over 200 countries in over 145 currencies via wire, SWIFT, ACH, cash, cheque and Alternative Payment Methods (APMs). Our clients benefit from the strength of Citi's global network by offering capabilities and services through Citi Global Markets (FXLM), Citi's branches and our global ICG banking business.
Our team is passionate about making payments simple, global and digital for our institutional clients.
As part of this team, you will work closely with our broad base of global stakeholders including Citi colleagues, clients, industry partners and regulators, to build great client solutions. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage our regulatory, risk and control framework to ensure we continue to operate in a pristine compliance environment
- Enable the Global Cross-Border Payments business to achieve sustainable growth through effective management of the business' governance, risks and controls
- Oversight of product performance, including financial, sales, product development, vendor management, resourcing and risk
- Promote a strong culture of risk and control awareness and compliance with policies and requirements in Citi, and in particular, Citibank Europe plc and TTS
- Lead initiatives for providing training and raising awareness on Global Cross-Border Payments risks and controls, as well as processes and tools for risk prevention, detection, and reporting
- Review new Citi Policies and external regulations to determine relevance to Global Cross-Border Payments, followed by appropriate recommendation on how the Product should adapt to comply
- Lead new enhancements from requirements phase to commercialization
- Maintain oversight of emerging and existing Global Cross-Border Payments key risks, issues, controls, corrective actions and enhancement initiatives on an end-to-end basis
- Proactively and promptly notify and escalate emerging and existing issues and risks to management
- Actively partner with Product Team and Functions in the coordination of internal audits and regulatory reviews
- Build strong partnership with Citi Markets (FXLM) and Citibank Europe Plc (CEP) management and 2nd line of Defense to ensure alignment, timely review and assessment of relevant policies and regulators, as well as maintain strong governance, risk and controls
- Remove potential bottlenecks from the sales and client management process by developing effective methods to help the front office address client requests and inquiries related to regulatory and risk
- Direct contribution to risk management, revenue growth and capability development for Citi's premiere cross border payments solution through developing and delivering solutions for large and sophisticated global clients
- Development of deep knowledge on the operation of a multifaceted global product within Cash Management business (multiple payment types, multiple channels, 135+ currencies, embedded FX), requiring active engagement with critical end-to-end functions (operations, technology, service, implementations)
- Senior exposure across the TTS, Markets and CEP team as well as client contact through leadership on managing, communicating and strengthening Cross-Border Payments
- Risk Framework, as well as, and development of deep working relationships with broad range of functional teams, including Risk, Compliance, Operations, Finance, TTS Sales and regional product management teams
- Opportunity to enable and drive strategic payments transformation
- AVP/VP level in a Cash Management, Trade or Securities Business, in a commercial business and/or operational environment
- Strong track record of results delivery and execution.
- Knowledge of Product Management disciplines, including the ability to undertake and lead a number of projects to drive commercial and financially responsible returns
- Knowledge of the emerging payments landscape for domestic and/or cross-border
- Some knowledge and experience of commercial business disciplines and operating models underpinning TTS products
- Some knowledge of Operations and/or Technology architecture and/or Payments infrastructure/systems preferred but not required
- The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, will display strong interpersonal skills and should be able to demonstrate the ability and the desire to problem solve effectively with creativity and within constraints.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite in particular proficiency with Excel (with proven ability to manage large sets of data), and proficiency with Power Point (to prepare presentations to a very different target audience)
- Ability to influence and coordinate multiple internal stakeholders around a common goal and strategy
- Original and innovative thinking
- Rigorous attention to detail and focus on execution with resilience and conviction on the delivery of agreed objectives.
- Ability to operate at different levels (e.g., research/analysis, thought-partnerships, presentations, interactions with Citi and 3rd parties).
- Strategic skills but mostly ability to conceptualize and execute on the business vision.
- Strong research skills coupled with an ability to quickly and accurately analyze information, draw conclusions and present data-driven findings in written and oral presentation formats.
- Very strong communication skills
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently as part of cross-functional and cross-regional teams.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Ability to manage and lead multiple priorities as well as with capacity to deal with reprioritization. bility to handle situations which can be stressful - or at minimum challenging - retaining control to guide other parts of the organization and/or make clear recommendations to management.
- MBA or Graduate Degree Preferred
- Undergraduate Degree/Third Level Qualification essential
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer