Graduate Opportunities in Ireland -
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street. Graduate Career Opportunities
We offer graduates the opportunity to develop their careers in a unique financial services organization. We aim to recruit individuals of the highest caliber who enjoy being part of a committed and enthusiastic team. Graduates will work in a fast-paced stimulating environment and will have access to a variety of work/life offerings that encourages employees to fulfill both their professional and personal goals. State Street operates in a dynamic setting and offers challenging career paths for employees at all levels. We seek to recruit bright graduates with energy and commitment to join our Dublin, Kilkenny, Drogheda and Naas offices. Training and Development
At State Street training and development is a cornerstone of the organization. We are committed to the continued development of our professionals throughout their career with us. All successful applicants benefit from:
- Industry and departmental specific training
- Information technology training
- Personal development and soft skills training.
Ongoing training and development forms a key element of your career at State Street as we recognize that the continued professional development of our employees is critical to the success of the company. Furthermore we encourage and support professional development through our educational sponsorship
programme. This is available to those employees who embark on further professional and academic qualifications providing for them tuition reimbursement and study and exam leave.
State Street Ireland currently has a number of entry level opportunities within operations
We recruit graduates on a year-round basis into the following areas: The Roles offered
- Fund Accounting
- Custody - Portfolio Administrator
- Financial Reporting
- Transfer Agency
- Tax Administrations
- Pricing and Reporting
- Trustee Administrator
Custody - Portfolio Administrator
- The Fund Accountant is responsible for performing a range of accounting responsibilities completed in order to maintain and report on a series of fund accounts as required by regulations and our service level agreements with our clients. Responsibilities include a wide range of accounting calculations (Net Asset Valuations reconciliations market pricing) together with report generation as well as interaction with clients and other internal departments to ensure the accuracy of the fund accounts
- As the world's 2nd largest custodian State Street continually looks to strengthen the services our Custody teams provide. State Street provides fully integrated trade settlement and safekeeping services that help our customers execute and monitor complicated global investment strategies. Our innovation is based on delivery of information captured by multiple systems that our customers can download to perform analysis on their own strategies. Custody provides cash management cash reconciliation and cash distribution services in addition to monitoring the trading of all funds in every country in our Custody Network
- The Financial Reporting Team is responsible for preparing and reviewing financial reports on behalf of our clients. Responsibilities of the Financial Reporting Team include filing annual reports/interim reports to the Central Bank of Ireland The Irish Stock Exchange National Futures Association and the relevant GAAP (Irish UK and IAS) preparing quarterly financial returns to the Central Statistical Office and dealing with clients and auditors queries.
- Transfer Agency provides back-office support to our clients through processing financial and non-financial transactions as well as quality client service and communication. Responsibilities include administration of clients' trades and maintenance of register processing of cash movements and reconciliation as well as administration of Clients/Investors correspondence.
- The team is collectively responsible for the provision of services in relation to the mitigation and/or elimination of withholding taxes on investments in the global markets through either domestic and/or double tax treaty mechanisms. It is responsible for assisting with daily periodic and annual investor tax reporting for our client's European (Germany Austria Italy Switzerland UK Belgium France) and US investor base preparation and submission of local tax returns (Investment Undertaking Tax).The role will involve working with the tax team in Ireland and the wider European tax services team in Luxembourg/Poland to maintain and develop a quality tax service offering for funds investing and distributing globally.
Pricing and Reporting
- This team has an opportunity to work within the Derivatives Department to gain extensive knowledge in the valuation of OTC Derivatives and Money Market Instruments. Job responsibilities includes Daily pricing of OTC Derivatives Ensuring the accuracy of the derivative prices used for NAV Calculations Modeling OTC instruments on various pricing systems. Investigation of discrepancies between Broker and modeled prices Researching/modeling new non-vanilla OTC instruments Project work
- The key responsibilities will include monthly and quarterly Board reports communicate with internal / external clients in collating / coordinating the data for the reports. The publication of NAVs in various newspapers and on-line systems. Ensure the relevant publications are notified in a timely manner and the correct distribution lists are set up. Preparation and gathering of report information.
To be successful in this role, your experience should include: Skills and Requirements
- The team is responsible to work in a dynamic and flexible environment to assist in the implementation of trustee policy and procedures. The key role will be to assist with review of fund documentation and completing of review programme in order to ensure appropriate monitoring of funds. Supporting with review of the operational departments to confirm funds are being administered in accordance with fund documentation/regulation.
- We are keen to meet energetic and motivated people.
- Honors degree (2.2 minimum) in Accounting Business Economics Finance or a related discipline preferred
- Numeracy and strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong administrative skills and an ability to meet deadlines
- Ambition and an ability to work on own initiative to accomplish tasks