IFDS Data Migration Test Manager, Assistant Vice President
Main purpose of role:
Reporting to the Head of Testing the Data Migration Test Manager is responsible for all data migration testing activities within IFDS Europe. This activity is usually associated with new business wins and involves the migration of client data onto IFDS systems. Key responsibilities will include management of a small, dedicated migration team made up of permanent and contract staff, testing of environment configuration as a precursor to model office phases and production readiness testing.
The candidate will be expected to create and implement a migration test methodology based on industry best practice and standards and will ensure all subsequent work adheres to those standards and guidelines.
The role will require frequent travel to IFDS offices in Luxembourg, Poland and Canada. Specific duties:
Matrix Management Responsibilities:
- Define, implement and manage a data migration methodology based on industry best practice and standards.
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams of testers, operations staff and technical resources to deliver successful client on-boarding projects.
- Complete testing of inbound client data files. Ensure that the data is mapped in accordance to requirements and is loaded correctly into target systems using manual and automated techniques.
- Take responsibility for E2E testing of model office environments configuration ahead of model office kicking off.
- Work with all program streams to devise dress rehearsal and go live weekend test approaches.
- Provide program level test reporting detailing migration activities and any development testing being completed in the wider team.
- Ensure that all client data is responsibly managed according to IFDS policy and regulatory requirements.
- Generate high quality test strategies, test plans and test results for each project the team are engaged on.
- Create comprehensive test documentation with well-defined, reusable test scripts that are traceable back to requirements.
- Provide reporting to internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Manage career paths of direct reports. Ensure training plans are in place for all permanent team members.
- Set and track team and personal goals through the appraisal process.
- Contribute to a shift left philosophy by contributing to requirement gathering, providing detailed feedback based on working knowledge of the system being changed and best practice requirements validation.
- React dynamically to changing priorities.
- Quality Focused
- All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities;
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery;
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the client (internal and external);
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance;
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties;
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
- To adhere to company values of Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence and Leadership in all tasks and interactions
- Test Leads
- Test Analysts
- Operational SMEs (Subject Matter Experts)
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- IFDS Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which IFDS operates as appropriate to the above role.
- Employees are expected to exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organised and controlled.
- Employees are required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- The incumbent is required to respect the IFDS approach to client care and must demonstrate due regard to the interests of our clients and in any and all third party dealings.
- 7 + years testing experience in a similar environment. At least 2 years at a similar level.
- Proven ability to deliver high profile, complex projects to tight timescales.
- Ability to independently deliver the migration pipeline
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Full software development lifecycle experience in waterfall and agile environments.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and risk-assessment abilities.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Understanding of latest testing methodologies & technologies.
- Experience in developing test plans and strategies, for functional, non-functional, manual and automated testing.
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience of managing large data migration projects.
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach with meticulous attention to detail
- ISTQB Test Management Qualification.
- Computer Science Degree
- Experience testing in a Transfer Agency operation with experience of iFAST or other TA core systems