IFDS IT Service Delivery Manager, Assistant Vice President
IFDS is deeply committed to delivering high-performing solutions that change the way our
global clients consume and use financial data. To support a rapidly growing and dynamic
business, IFDS is seeking to expand and enhance its IT presence within Europe.
We are currently looking for an IT Service Delivery Manager to join our IT division. As an IT Service Delivery Manager you will manage a local technical team and will work with global IT application and infrastructure teams to maintain and enhance IT services consumed by the business.
Reporting to the Head of IFDS Infrastructure Services Ireland, you will be responsible for reviewing and managing the delivery of IT services impacting Production services to ensure client service levels, at a minimum, are maintained in accordance with defined SLAs. Develop and implement processes / procedures through best practices, ensuring the delivery of these services. Protect and enhance live IT service quality & performance and anticipate potential issues through robust problem management and driving a continuous service improvement agenda to enhance the business experience with using IT services. Assist with the implementation of state-of-the-art IT services and providing an excellent customer experience. 1. General Role & Responsibilities:
2. Knowledge, Competencies & Experience Required Mandatory Requirements:
- Responsible for major incident and problem management and working with technical teams to resolve or prevent the occurrence of incidents through root cause analysis
- Provide leadership to cross functional technical teams and encourage teamwork and team collaboration to ensure prompt service resumptions, permanent resolutions to problems and successful implementation of IT changes and solutions
- Work with the technical teams, facilitate and coordinate implementation and testing of IT changes during business hours and afterhours including weekends and holidays
- Overall responsibility for the successful implementation and operation of Service Management processes with a focus on Incident, Change and Problem Management
- Responsible for monitoring and managing all facets of International service commitments and SLAs
- Responsible for the documentation of known faults and resolutions in IFDS ticketing system and knowledge management
- Investigate and recommend technical solutions, identify opportunities to improve current technical support processes
- Apply technical expertise and experience combined with operational excellence to improve the efficiency of the department's technical operations
- Act as the point of contacts for technical and operational issues related to technical incidents and post-implementations. This includes providing on-call support for afterhours (including weekends and holidays) escalations according to primary or secondary and as scheduled
- Works with Service Delivery Management team to prioritize and ensure services meet Client requirements and expectations
- Responsible for creation of the SLA reports and graphs, forecasting and performance reports for cycle processing and capacity reports by obtaining related statistics and infrastructure logs
- Accountable and responsible for managing and driving the operational acceptance testing (OAT) including coordination of related activities with the technical, operations, on-boarding and project management teams
- Work with internal/external Client and IT Service functions to identify, prioritize and manage risks and issues to operational activities, planned/unplanned changes that may impact service levels.
- Identify and reduce reoccurring incidents that impact production
- Assist in the analysis, design and improvement of new operational processes supported by the Data Center that affect delivery of production services
- Work with Service Delivery Management and Team Lead to ensure Operational processes and procedures are established, documented, maintained and followed
- Work with the technical teams to ensure security certificates are all updated and the certificate database is kept up to date
- Liaise with Internal/External teams and vendors to coordinate annual HA/DR exercises.
- Responsible for coordination, documentation and conducting the IFDS annual disaster recovery exercise including all the preparation activities, testing, coordination of technical workshops as well as post-mortem meetings and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office products MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access
- Excellent understanding of Service Delivery Operations and relationship with Service Level Agreements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of the SDLC life-cycle
- Good knowledge and understanding of the various IT Services roles and responsibilities.
- Good Crisis Management skills: Incident/Problem Management, Communications/ Escalations skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of risk and change management concepts and practices.
- Willing to occasionally work extended, off-hour support for HA/DR, incidents or authorized change requests.
- Technical competencies on UNIX / Network / Microsoft technologies
- Exposure to Disaster Recovery coordination activities
- Knowledge of iFAST Application products
- Familiar with Network Services / Technology
- Knowledge and understanding of Mutual Fund industry
- Knowledge/understanding of ITIL
- Quality Oriented
- Critical thinker
- Ability to work within a Team or independently with minimal supervision
- Monday to Friday - standard normal working hours
- Ability to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends as required)
- Ability to perform and support out of hours support on rota basis as required
- Ability to travel and support multiple geographical locations