Legal Counsel – Corporate law and Banking Regulatory Issues
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Capital Markets Executive Search
- 12 Nov 18
AVP - Dublin Capital Markets Executive Search has an opportunity for a Banking & Regulatory Solicitor to join the Legal Team of an International Consumer, Corporate and Investment Bank who are expanding their European business activities in Dublin, following the UK’s decision to withdraw from the European Union.
Purpose of the role:
As a member of the Ireland Legal team, the main purpose of the role is to provide legal support and legal risk management focusing on corporate law and banking regulatory issues. The role will have regular exposure to external law firms, as well as colleagues in other infrastructure teams such as compliance and corporate secretariat. The role will require flexibility in approach and very strong communication skills.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Assist the Head of Legal and the General Counsel on all matters of Irish corporate and banking laws and regulations
- Regulatory initiatives and strategic projects: support regulatory and strategic projects affecting the Bank (e.g. regulatory and migration projects)
- Innovation: contribute to devising and implementing enhancements process and solutions to reduce or minimize the legal risk
- Presentations & Training: deliver training and education to the businesses and Infrastructure teams on topical issues, legal risks and regulatory, as appropriate.
- Governance and Controls: strong understanding of legal risk; identify, analyse and communicate risks, escalating risk and control issues appropriately, assisting in the coordination between clusters and the different legal team involved.
- Risk management: identify and drive risk mitigation, efficiency and cost saving initiatives
- Communication of commercial consequences of legal risk issues to the impacted business areas.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Irish law qualified lawyer with experience in banking and financial law and regulatory matters
- An experienced lawyer with excellent academic record and training at a reputable law firm or in the finance industry and legal experience concerning the aforementioned matters
- Familiarity with banking and financial services products and environment.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – verbal and written (technical and non-technical)
- Good working knowledge of relevant European regulation