Market Risk Manager
Description About Citi
- Primary Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19013072
Citi, a leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citibank Europe plc (CEP) is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer, with revenues of approx. $2bn and total assets of $50 billion which are expected to grow further. CEP has been designated a significant institution by the ECB and is therefore expected to meet enhanced regulatory expectations especially with regard to risk management. Job Background/Context
CEP Independent Risk Management, headquartered in Dublin, acts as the second line of defence for the holistic management of risk across all business lines and locations of CEP.
Within Independent Risk Management, the Market and Liquidity Risk team is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of market (incl. IRRBB) and liquidity risk in CEP. The team engages extensively with regional and global risk management team to co-ordinate risk management activities across Citi's global network. Key Responsibilities
• Day to day oversight of market risk in CEP including Traded Products and CVA.
• Close co-operation with product market risk managers responsible for individual CEP products, desks, and branches (currently 10 trading desks, multiple banking / accrual businesses and 22 branches).
• Assist with the development of a sustainable solution for the market risk elements of EBA stress testing which aligns with internal and regulatory reporting.
• Conduct analysis and proactively engage in the preparation of market risk components of ICAAP, Risk Appetite Statements, Stress Testing and other ad-hoc regulatory or legal entity governance projects drawing in appropriate regional/global market risk resources as required.
• Support CEP Head of Market and Liquidity Risk in evaluating legal vehicle market risk controls and framework for any new business or strategic initiatives.
• Review CEP legal vehicle market risk exposures in the context of limits, mandates and permitted product lists. Escalate any issues, with appropriate suggested mitigations, to CEP Risk Senior Management without delay.
• Assist with the delivery of market risk reports/commentary to the Board, Risk, ALCO and Market Risk Committees, Regulators and Senior Management.
• Assess market risk aspects of new products for CEP, working in close co-operation with senior business sponsors.
• Work closely with global risk management teams to ensure CEP legal vehicle risk issues are being identified and addressed.
• Assist in ensuring that market risk component of relevant audits, inspections and reviews are completed successfully. Ensure that any market risk follow up actions raised by internal and external audits are diligently performed. Qualifications Experience and Skills
• Significant relevant market risk experience in an international banking organisation with a diverse product set. Knowledge of IRRBB and liquidity risk would be advantageous.
• Experience of regulatory stress testing exercises and related regulatory requirements.
• Ability to readily partner with Trading, Business and Risk Management colleagues at an entity and a regional level.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written / verbal) at all organisational levels.
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
• Excellent teamwork and project management skills. Qualifications
• Post-graduate education in Economic, Finance, Financial Risk Management, or other quantitative discipline. What we offer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing risk management team in a global banking environment. The role will give the candidate the opportunity to expand existing market risk and stress testing experience and make a significant contribution to key deliverables of the team.
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer