Network Engineer, Assistant Vice President - SaaS Operations
Charles River Development is rapidly growing its global Software-as-a-Service platform. We are looking for a hands-on, well rounded network engineer for our growing SaaS Infrastructure Support team. This team is responsible for the design, administration, and daily operation of critical systems used to support our clients' Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments. The team also helps to develop new support services and architects our core infrastructure. We offer an opportunity for talented and driven individuals to get on board with an organization that values personal initiative and growth.
The successful candidate will excel at project-based work, service design, advanced troubleshooting, defining operational procedures, and managing the relationship with our hosting provider's Network Security team. The candidate will provide critical input on the strategy and development of network solutions. Expectations
- Design operational standards for firewall configurations, network change requests, documentation, and performance troubleshooting procedures.
- Maintain a secure and auditable firewall configuration using policy-based configuration management tools such as FireMon or Tufin.
- Evaluate emerging network and firewall management tools and other related products.
- Perform various IT system support and system administration tasks as needed
- Be self-motivated and flexible, ability to prioritize and multi-task on multiple highly visible and complex projects.
- Work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Maintain advanced knowledge and experience with network security standards.
- Able to work within a defined change management process and willingness to participate in periodic after-hours scheduled maintenance
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- Substantial experience as a network engineering or network security professional
- Substantial IT operational support experience
- Experience with general firewall configuration and support, including IPSec VPN configuration and troubleshooting. Experience with Cisco ASAs strongly preferred.
- Experience with load balancing appliances and software. Experience with F5 and Citrix NetScaler preferred.
- Understanding of network best practices for securing online applications.
- Experience in network traffic monitoring, analysis, packet capture, and troubleshooting.
- Prior experience installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Good understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Good understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Experience in managed hosting / SaaS environment or network consulting preferred
- Experience supporting multiple global datacenters a plus
- Knowledge of security industry standards such as ISO, NIST and FISMA a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with cloud computing concepts and application security architecture
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages, automation and DevOps tools
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills with an ability to represent complex data in executive level graphical reporting dashboards