Divisional Manager, Fund Accounting
Divisional Manager - Fund Accounting
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world's leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
Based in Dublin and Limerick, Northern Trust in Ireland administers one of the most varied range of products in the Irish Market and forms a vital part of Northern Trust's global presence.
We believe our most valuable asset is our engaged, empowered & diverse workforce. As a global institution, Northern Trust is committed to building upon this diverse talent through encouraging innovative thinking and personal courage in an inclusive environment. Northern Trust's commitment to diversity & inclusion is evident in our internal initiatives for which we have won several globally recognised awards. Why choose a career in Fund Accounting with Northern?
• Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Fund Accounting team has grown exponentially and we now have over 250 partners in our Limerick and Dublin offices
• Our Fund Accounting team provides an end to end Fund Accounting service onsite in Ireland which complements other client services provided in Ireland, such as Custodian, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services
• We invest heavily in our people and offer a customized, individually dedicated Fund Accounting training program to ensure our people can realise their full potential and avail of the diverse range of career opportunities within Fund Accounting and Northern Trust Ireland
• To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
• Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Divisional Manager within Fund Accounting. This permanent role will be an integral part of the Irish Senior Management team. Reporting directly to the Head of Fund Accounting, this is an excellent opportunity to progress in your career.
• Leads an accounting operations unit or function within the fund accounting business
• Manages the workforce planning and staffing needs for the unit
• Conducts the performance management process, identifies training and development needs, and establishes performance standards for the unit
• Participates in developing the business unit strategic plan and sets goals and priorities based on the direction set for the unit. Follows through to ensure objectives are met
• Contributes to the development of the department's budget and manages the expenses for own division
• Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication
• Guides partners ensuring department objectives are met
• Analyses records of client accounting reports identifying potential gaps in control procedures, duplication of operations, or lack of compliance with established bank policies and industry regulations
• Monitors the production of fund accounting deliverables, audits and progress of plans in the division
• Cultivates and maintains working relationships with relationship managers to ensure client account activities are meeting client needs
• Participates in client meetings to explain the banks products or services. Consults on effective ways to meet client needs or appropriate methods to be used for the resolution of errors
• Guides subordinates in the resolution of non-routine client reporting/accounting issues
• Responsible and accountable for timeliness and quality of NAV deliverables within own division Skills /Experience
• Several years' experience in a managerial role at a senior level
• Financial services or accounting experience preferred
• Proven track record of motivating and developing teams
• Good client relationship experience
• Strong risk ethos
• Participate in the continuous development and enhancement of work flows and procedures to reflect the changing control environment
• Ability to interact effectively with the most senior leaders in the business About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today. Prestige