Financial Reporting Accountant X 2
Based in Dublin and Limerick, Northern Trust in Ireland administers one of the most varied range of products in the Irish Market and forms a vital part of Northern Trust's global presence.
Northern Trust Ireland is a Platinum approved ACCA Employer, meaning the experience gained in Northern Trust Ireland is sufficient to satisfy the ACCA's continuing professional development requirements. Role
This is an opportunity for an individual who has an aptitude for accounting to work on and eventually manage large and/or complex projects meeting the financial and regulatory reporting needs of our clients as part of a team.
• Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Investment Funds administered by Northern Trust.
• Deliver high quality service to clients through accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be parts of larger processes) and requests for information. Be responsive to clients and anticipate their needs.
• Preparation of any group, board or ad hoc reporting required by your clients.
• Liaise with external auditors and deal with audit queries. Manage the audit process for your clients.
• Preparation of regulatory returns where applicable.
• Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
• Ensuring tax compliance deadlines are met for the funds assigned to you.
• Preparing and/or reviewing tax computations as required.
• Assist other colleagues. Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate. Liaise with other units - Transfer Agency, Custody/Trustee, Fund Accounting, Client Services, Legal, and Client Expenses.
• Liaise with colleagues in support locations, assist in planning outsourced work and provide colleagues in support locations with timely feedback on work provided. Review all work received from support locations.
• Seek to learn quickly and continually improve the service offered. Skills / Experience
• Accounting experience within the Investment Industry would be a distinct advantage, as would financial reporting experience.
• The successful candidate will likely be a qualified accountant or part qualified accountant and interested in completing their qualification, however a good history of accounting experience will suffice in the absence of qualification.
• Demonstrates initiative in undertaking all processes, recognising and following through on opportunities to deliver improved efficiency and client satisfaction.
• Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and consistently meeting deadlines, while managing own time.
• Highly motivated.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation.
• Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Global Invest One/Enterprise advantageous.
• Excellent client servicing skills
• A team player. About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.