Manager, Clearing & Settlements
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Clearing & Settlements Team Manager leads a team of partners within the Operations area consisting of Middle Office Trade Support and Asset Servicing. The teams consist of partners in Limerick and Dublin. The Manager will be based in Limerick and expected to travel between the two offices on a monthly basis.
The successful candidate is a strong performer who takes ownership of responsibilities and achieving departmental objectives. He/she adds value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks/projects with minimal supervision while paying special attention to detail. The Team Manager will oversee the team and be responsible for secondary review of the partners' work, in addition to coordinating client coverage, holiday coverage, team meetings, etc. The Manager will work with other Team Leads and Managers across the HFS organization (particularly Bangalore, Chicago, and Hong Kong) regarding both day-to-day activities and strategic enhancements. The Manager will also have significant direct contact with HFS clients, including in-person meetings and presentations.
HFS is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth with new clients coming on board in EMEA (and globally), and the teams are expected to grow in headcount over time, particularly in Limerick. The Manager will be expected to have prior experience directly managing staff, including career management and performance reviews. The Manager should also have experience servicing clients, particularly Hedge Fund clients. The Manager should be familiar with the trade cycle from start to finish when a client executes a trade. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage a team of partners based in Limerick and Dublin
• Manage the daily processing for financial products including vanilla Listed Securities, Exchange Traded Derivatives and Structured Fixed Income such as Corporate Bonds, Government Bonds, ABS, MBS, Repo, Reverse Repo, Loans and Money Markets.
• Oversee several asset servicing processes which support multiple clients including P&L posting, trade break resolution and reconciliations
• Continue to build out the HFS EMEA operations support model for Alternative Investments, Privates, and Bank Loans in line with related global development
• Work with Implementation team to on-board new clients
• Effectively communicate with IT to test and implement development and enhancements across the business areas and drive solutions to completion from BRD to system release.
• Create process flows and control tools to accommodate new business needs
• Work with business development to help prepare marketing material and participate in sales presentations
• Stay current on investment industry trends, including regulation that may be impactful to HFS services
• Knowledge of downstream valuation and fund accounting processes is a plus
• Communicate effectively with both internal partners, clients and counterparties, tailoring communication style to audience as required
• Perform all employee related administrative duties including hiring, compensation distribution, annual reviews and HR related requirements SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• Familiarity with Listed product workflows (trade capture, trade confirmations, trade settlement and reconciliation) and knowledge of industry platforms such as Omgeo CTM, SWIFT messaging and Prime Broker/Custodian websites is essential
• Ability to present services and lead demonstrations in prospective client meetings
• Knowledge of prime broker/ custodian settlements processes of listed securities for equities, fixed income and repos
• Deep understanding of various fixed income instruments including agency/non-agency CMOs, ABS, Sovereign Bonds, and Inflation-Linked bonds
• Experience working with system development testing/verifying accuracy of reports.
• Experience with excel modelling including VBA, if then statements, lookups etc.
• A strong Technical background to help trouble shoot system issues.
• 10 plus years of relevant experience, preferably in Hedge Fund Middle Office or Fixed Income Asset Servicing
• Familiarity with Hedge Fund structures, products and financial instruments with understanding of basic accounting principles and procedures
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience directly managing employees
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in an extremely time sensitive conditions
• Proven team player experience and ability to work across global teams
• Degree in Finance/Accounting About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.