Senior Analyst, Securities Lending
This role is based in the Securities Lending Operations group in Limerick, with a reporting line to the division manager of International Securities Lending Control in London. The Securities Lending Control group provides operational, accounting and risk control oversight to Northern Trust's Securities Lending program.
The primary responsibilities of the role are the accurate processing of Securities Lending Client Earnings and the timely and accurate production of key Securities Lending Management, Compliance and Regulatory reporting. The role will also be responsible for answering adhoc requests for data and occasional one-off reports, and the request of static data updates.
The position will also provide project work opportunities.
The role involves liaising with partners at different levels of seniority across many Securities Lending areas globally (including operations, client services, product, and trading desks) and with other departments outside Securities Lending including Operational Control, Global Data Management, Transitions and Tax, and so strong communication skills are required.
The individual needs to possess strong time management and prioritisation skills in order to meet the daily deadlines associated with this role. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process the monthly Securities Lending Earnings and Fee Accruals in a timely manner in line with procedures. This includes the preparation of data, processing journal entries and subsequent reconciliation as required.
• Timely review of key data reports and appropriate investigation into reported exceptions pertaining to the Client Earnings process. Exceptions research may involve liaison with Securities Lending teams (e.g. operations, client services, product) and other departments including Global Data Management, Transitions and Operational Control.
• Production of operational management data reports to a high standard of accuracy and within reporting deadlines.
• Collation of data for management reporting including monthly productivity reports, transaction volumes and post trade exceptions.
• Ensure daily KPIs are met.
• Develop effective working relationships with other areas of the Securities Lending business so that data can be sourced and query resolution addressed in an effective and timely manner with supporting commentaries as required.
• Through your daily activities, demonstrate accountability and attention to detail. Complete regular assignments without the need for reminders from the originator of the request / query.
• Identify potential risk situations, consider solutions and ensure appropriate escalation to line management where necessary.
• Look for opportunities to improve processes and make constructive suggestions towards achieving efficiencies.
•Provide appropriate, accurate input to management reporting.
• Help to foster a positive team spirit and environment. Actively participate in team meetings.
•Become cross trained in the work carried out by SL Control team colleagues such that cover can be competently provided in the case of absences.
•Carry out ad-hoc project work to a good standard.
•Acquire knowledge of the processes and procedures related to Securities Lending at Northern Trust and utilise this in your day-to-day work. Look to develop a broad understanding of the Securities Lending product. SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
•Experience in an analytical role or risk / control function within a banking institution is desirable.
•Operational experience in a banking environment is an advantage.
•Securities Lending experience advantageous but not a pre-requisite.
•Strong team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work independently under pressure with minimal supervision.
•Able to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issues where necessary.
•An eye for accuracy with strong attention to detail.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate issues in a clear, logical fashion.
•Ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
•Strong questioning skills to determine nature of a problem and assess implications.
•Able to work in a changing environment, recognise opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions.
•Strong PC skills, in particular, Excel. The knowledge of Macro / Visual Basic and the ability to understand how an Access database works is an advantage.
•Minimum educational requirement of 5 A-C grades at GCSE, including Maths and English. About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.