See job description for details
Technology, Secured Financing Technology, Asia Secured Financing Engineer What We Do
At Morgan Stanley, we lead with exceptional ideas; we draw on the diverse backgrounds of our people to deliver the best at what we do for the benefit of our clients. We bring capital where it is needed, enabling our client?s ideas and potential.
This also applies to Technology, where our mission is to ensure our businesses and our clients are served on a market-leading platform that is efficient, smart, scalable, fast and flexible. We engineer innovative solutions in a complex and fast evolving world. Who We Look For
Our engineers are innovators and problem solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Your Impact
The Secured Financing Technology supports the Bank Resource Management business. The Secured Financing function is responsible for funding equity and fixed income assets. You will have a unique opportunity to have a very wide view of a bank?s activities, across the Equity and Fixed Income Divisions, as well as Treasury. You will be interacting with front trading desks, operations, settlement across the region and globally.
- We are hiring people who want to work on extremely interesting challenges with a global impact in the financial sector RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- On a daily basis we are responsible for supporting the secured financing trading and collateral management systems for our Bank Resource Management businesses.
- Our team is located in Tokyo, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Budapest, London, Glasgow and New York.
- We manage all incidents across our platforms and take any follow-up actions necessary to ensure system stability. We work closely with traders, operations and engineers on a daily basis.
- Aside from production monitoring, we develop solutions for business problems in various technologies with support from our global team of experts. We try to maintain 30/70 split between support and project work.
- You will work with various technologies including Java, Python, Angular, C++, Linux and SQL.
- Our people have complete product ownership: requirements, code, test, and deploy. We run a low friction SDLC where you learn from peer code review. You will help us towards our goal of continuous build and automated deployments.
- We care hugely about our work environment, casual dress code and small teams. We like to run a lean & flat structure where everyone is happy to help out.
- We love to learn and offer a superb training that features free access to Lynda.com, Pluralsight, Safari books, Harvard Business Review. We run internal MOOC (curated learning), soft skills education, mentoring programs, career development programs.
- We support diversity through programs like Innovation Without Walls, Women In Tech, Tokyo Womens Business Alliance.
- We give back to our communities. We volunteered 1.67m hours helping communities in 542 cities across the globe. Locally, we support Little Olive Child Foundation, NPO Katariba and our own engineers run CodeClub for Kids. Qualifications: Basic Qualifications
- Ideally 3+ years of work experience
- Self-motivation to learn about new businesses and ownership of support issues and development projects
- Experience with at least one programming language (eg Java, Python, C++), and eagerness to develop this further and learn
- Great communication skills ? as regular coordination with our global team is essential
- Ability to work under pressure, as outages in our businesses are very time sensitive