See job description for details
The Business Technology Risk team ensures technology and information risks are effectively identified, assessed, controlled, managed and reported. They provide risk management awareness through effective communication, consultation and service to the client. This opportunity will provide the individual with a chance to liaise with senior members of the firm to lead top initiatives and directly engage with regulatory bodies and teams across multiple markets in the Asia region, with a focus on technology and controls related to Japan. Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with regional Technology, Compliance and BU Risk management to ensure new system enhancements are in line with local regulatory and market requirements.
- Coordinate regional Technology audit/regulatory activities and responses
- Perform an advisory role related to local market regulations, Firm policy & procedures, system dependencies, best practices
- Build strong relationships with senior Technology, Business and Compliance stakeholders across the region to drive continuous improvement on Technology Risk/Project governance processes
- Incident and Stability management as it relates to regulatory engagement.
- Promote risk education and awareness and provide senior management summaries as appropriate. Skills Required
- Technology Professional with 10+ years of experience in Development, Technology Risk, Information Security or similar subject-matter
- Strong knowledge in the financial services industry; preferably in an investment bank with sales and trading, finance, operations.
- Native level verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and business level English.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with ability to create high quality written products that are comprehensive, accurate, and tailored to the audience.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and change management either through Technology project management or developer/quality assurance experience.
- Experience of regional regulatory engagements, internal audits and assessments, particularly experience in dealing with the regulators in Japan
- Strong analytic and problem solving/process improvement skills; ability to learn quickly and solve poorly defined problems
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization with excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities. Qualifications:
. Skills Desired
- Knowledge and experience of the regulatory environments within Asia specifically related to the securities business.
- Understanding of Operational Risk and associated regulations (e.g., HK SFC Code of Conduct), and the associated application to a technology division within Financial Services.
- Hands-on technical background (eg. system developer, integrator, QA and /or support)