- Permanent, Full time
- DO Recruitment Advisors
- 12 Nov 18
Legal Officer (m/f)
- Full time
The legal officer joins the Legal & Corporate Affairs Department, a dynamic team in charge of handling key projects as well as the legal aspects of the asset management business.
Legal Officer (m/f)
The legal officer joins the Legal & Corporate Affairs Department, a dynamic team in charge of handling key projects as well as the legal aspects of the asset management business. Reporting to the Head of the department, this legal expert:
- Drafts offering documentation of products (UCITS/UCIs) and liaises with supervisory authorities,
- Drafts or reviews legal agreements (investment management, distribution, administration, ISDA documentation, MoU…),
- Provides legal advice on cross border product distribution,
- Supports the preparation of agendas and Board documentation for the Company and its investment funds,
- Coordinates with other Group entities, including branches of the Company,
- Helps the bank identify business opportunities and threats thanks to a legal watch on relevant laws and regulations.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- University degree in Law,
- 3 to 4 years' experience in a similar position,
- Solid knowledge of Luxembourg Corporate Law and European investment fund regulations,
- UCITS / Alternative Investment Fund experience (Luxembourg & European regulations / offering documentation drafting),
- Contract negotiation experience(including AIFM and investment management agreements, administration, custody, distribution, service - outsourcing agreements),
- Corporate law experience (preparation of corporate bodies meetings),
- Management Company legal issues experience,
- Able to liaise with external advisers and authorities,
- Fluent in English with a second language such as Italian, German, French or Spanish is a distinctive advantage,
- Ability to work in team as well as independently,
- Pro-active, accurate, well self-organized with follow up capacity,
Our client is an Asset Manager.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients could ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.