(Senior) Cybersecurity specialist
- Contract, Full time
- European Investment Bank.
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
You will evaluate the full range of the cybersecurity aspects of telecommunication infrastructure, IT industry / services and related research projects. You will in particular analyse and promote the understanding of the main issues and challenges related to cybersecurity and how this can be included in the operational business of the Bank in terms of identification of customers.
(Senior) Cybersecurity specialist
for the Digital Economy Division under the restructured PJ Innovation & Competitiveness Department (INCO)
This is a full time position at grade 5/6
Appointment will be for a period of 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid March 2018
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
PJ provides advice and independent opinions to the EIB’s decision makers on the quality and risks of investment projects. It plays a meaningful role in advising promoters on the development and implementation of projects either directly or through external consultants. PJ is also involved in policy formulation for the EIB to respond to EU policies.
You will assess , within multi-disciplinary teams, the viability of capital investment projects and programmes in particular related to cybersecurity in all countries where the Bank operates, in accordance with the Bank’s and PJ procedures.
Within the Digital Economy division, which covers the telecommunication sector and related service industries, you will evaluate the full range of the cybersecurity aspects of telecommunication infrastructure, IT industry / services and related research projects. You will in particular analyse and promote the understanding of the main issues and challenges related to cybersecurity and how this can be included in the operational business of the Bank in terms of identification of customers (in particular public sector bodies) and investments to be financed. These entail the need to communicate effectively with the key decision makers within the Bank as well as to present the Bank’s contribution to institutions and in public fora, including the European Commission, ENISA and other international bodies and peer groups concerned with the sector. More specifically, you will:
- Assess the technical and financial viability of capital investment projects and programmes along with the risk profiles of the related business model and technologies
- Cooperate closely with the EIB’s Lending Operations Directorate to identify projects which best address the priorities of the various countries
- Prepare comparative studies for cybersecurity projects (including sector strategy, costing methodology, and technology assessments)
- Develop methodologies and analytical tools that allow to evaluate the existing approach to and expenses for cybersecurity in different countries and regions in Europe, resulting in lending priorities and the identification of new business opportunities
- Support and monitor the implementation of financed investments where a considerable workload will be with promoters in areas of less well-established project development/implementation capabilities. This involves assisting clients and other Bank services to ensure implementation progress, including setting up and advising Project Implementation/Monitoring Units with the help of external consultants.
- Liaise with the European Commission, other international entities (e.g. ENISA, OECD, ITU) and IFIs and represent the EIB at selected sector events
- If need arises support other sectors within the division or department may be required, which involves a certain degree of flexibility
- Advanced academic degree (Master or higher degree) in relevant engineering disciplines
- A post graduate degree such as an MBA would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience gained on cybersecurity within a corporate and/or public sector entity or relevant experience with consultancy, research institute or cybersecurity institution
- Excellent knowledge of English and a good command of French(*). Working knowledge of other European Union languages would be an advantage
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
For details on core and managerial competencies please refer to EIB New Competency Library introduced as of January 1st 2017.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages.
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability