Information Security Associate
General Job Duties :
Coordinate response to security incidents and request
- Incident & Request ticket queue management for Information Security
related incidents and tasks
- Works initially for all tickets assigned to Information Security queue.
Escalates more complex issues to Tier 2 SOC
- Apply security policies and procedures
- Basic analysis of IDS, Syslog and SIEM alerts
- Create incidents based on suspicious alerts and proceed according to incident response guidelines
- Monitor network availability for any potential security incidents and investigate security events when applicable.
- Work closely with all operational teams to assign ownership of events
- Support maintenance and operation of monitoring tools
- Provide support for multiple back-office information security products
- Configuration and administration of internal security team specific solutions.
- Supporting 24x7 SOC support coverage. Flexibility to work on shift rotation is required.
- Additional Job Description Additional Job Description Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Information Technology, Computer Sciences, or equivalent prior work experience in a related field
- CISSP, GIAC, or other security specific certification desirable
- 2-5 years' experience in a computer related field
- 1+ years Information security operations experience. preferred. However fresh graduates are also welcome to apply
- Analytic thought processes and ability to think critically highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills will be required for day to day interaction with all with other employees at all levels in the organization.
- Reports directly to Security Operations Manager.
- Works closely with internal Information Security colleagues as well as global service desk and infrastructure operations teams.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.