Asia Pacific Tax Center - Payroll Implementation, Senior Associate/Manager
Our Asia Pacific Tax Center ("APTC") operates as a team of highly experienced tax professionals from across Asia Pacific who focus on delivering efficient and effective resources to companies in the region. The APTC forms part of the Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) which is tasked with the sales, implementation, governance and delivery of multi-country compliance service. Our goal is to improve quality, manage risk, create efficiency and drive value. Our market leading approach combines standard and efficient processes, highly effective tools and an extensive network of local tax and accounting professionals, in more than 140 countries. Our clients benefit from an integrated, consistent, and flexible quality service to address direct and indirect tax compliance, statutory accounting and financial reporting, and tax accounting. The opportunity
Payroll is one of the speciality practices within the Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) Sub Service line under TAX. Payroll Senior at EY GDS is responsible to drive the payroll transition activities for the global payroll engagements.- The role requires prior relevant experience of project management, business analysis and payroll transition expertise to successfully run large payroll 'clients' data from multiple geographies. An in-depth understanding of BPO environment and exposure to the Payroll domain is a must.
Each client is referred to as an engagement and Payroll Implementation team member (PMO) is responsible for implementing the integrated service delivery model and subsequent delivery of services as per the service level agreements. Globally, tax and accounts preparation activities are conducted mostly in the local countries and hence requires a wide network of EY professionals to work together to deliver to the client expectations. The payroll PMO will work closely with the client and the EY global network of professionals across geographies to ensure client's compliance and reporting obligations across the globe are met on time. Your key responsibilities
• Support the Engagement Leader to ensure efficient and effective transition and implementation of services to EY, including interfaces with client local country contacts, shared service centers, tax/finance stakeholders and related EY network.
• Execution of the global payroll transitions in a multi-country environment by clearly understanding the global payroll methodologies & requirements from clients.
• Prepare the detailed project plan & follow the project guidelines. Liaison with the client and the various internal teams to ascertain project scope, parameters and timeframes, enabling the client to sign off mutually agreed project timelines.
• Centrally manage the project Governance, which enable Senior Management / Leadership to understand the status and critical paths of each project, using project management skills to support & execute seamless implementation, anticipating challenges and proposing solutions.
• Process business requirements documents. Develop infrastructure impact statements, feasibility studies, project charters, resource assignment RACIs, risk management plans, communications plans, and change management plans.
• Work with global project manager to establish standard end-to-end project plan / approach & ensure effective procedures are established for setup of internal and external systems, tools, and processes as part of the client transition process.
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks. Report and escalate to management as needed. Manage project communications to include the sharing of team meeting minutes, project status reports, and issue/risk logs.
• Effective communication with internal teams, stakeholders, clients on various projects for smooth transition of the projects and quality delivery by conducting appropriate meetings.
• Manage multiple projects ranging from simple to complex while working with cross-functional team members throughout the cycle of the projects.
• Act as a first level mentor for the junior resources to guide & support during the training period. Proactively participate & conduct internal trainings. Skills and attributes for success
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
• Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or IT is preferred
• Extensive experience in Project Management (5 years); at least 2 years of experience in Payroll, Benefits, Finance or Human Resources with end-to-end payroll knowledge.
• Knowledge of payroll interfaces, transition methodologies, data flows, technical aspects, accounting.
• Experience in managing cross-functional, multi-tiered projects. Ideally, you'll also have
• Multi-country payroll experience in a professional services firm/shared service environment.
• PMP / PRINCE-2 certifications will be an added advantage What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.