Assistant Manager / Manager - Global Employer Services
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team in providing individual tax compliance and advisory services. The role also includes assisting clients in addressing and managing the specific challenges of a global workforce. This may involve providing assistance to co-ordinate the tax services or attending to tax issues ensuring that the clients are compliant with the local regulations and managing the risks related to employee's assignments.
Your role as a leader
- Assist and advise clients regarding national and international personal taxation.
- Handle a varied portfolio of client assignments.
- Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure exceptional client service.
- Identify areas where technical judgment is required and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery.
- Facilitate open communication and supervise staff and peers
- Involved in coaching and supervising junior team members.
- Team with tax professionals in other sub-service lines to provide comprehensive tax services.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte and align our people to these objectives, setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or business related field. Candidates with recognised professional certification such as ACCA will also be considered.
- 6 years (Manager) of relevant experience in handling individual and personal income tax preferably gained from a big 4 accounting firm or other organisations.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Team player with leadership capabilities.
- Able to work under tight deadlines
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MT107-175409-2019