Associate Manager Information Technology
About the Role
In line with Division objectives, under instructions/controls of a manager, to monitor, supervise and coordinate a team responsible for the design, development, delivery and /or maintenance of IT solutions/products. To support management in the coordination, consolidation, evaluation and monitoring of a specific IT domain. What to Expect:
What will make you successful? Professional skills & competencies
- Lead an engaged workforce to develop and support the SWIFT solutions, by aligning talent resource plans with business objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with solutions delivery peers and product owners.
- Oversee project progress, critical program development, integration issues and functional design concerns that could impact the timeline or quality of implementations.
- Responsible for ensuring that implementation work follows established standards, processes, application guidelines and technical architecture to ensure high quality of deliverables and stability of the platforms.
- Proven experience in building, leading, mentoring a team of technical specialists.
- Motivate team and prepare individuals for growth opportunities and advancement.
- Provide and be accountable for quality, cost and scheduling estimates from the team. Acts as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes within the broader IT team to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels.
- Demonstrate customer centricity by working closely together with the internal customer. Organize an efficient handover through high quality documentation and training.
Technical skills & knowledge
- At least 7 years of IT development experience in a (preferably) international setting, 3 years of which in a team lead position.
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills to develop a systematic approach towards problem solving.
- Excellent English written and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management in groups and one-on-one.
- Displays a strong work ethic and good sense of prioritization.
- Lead by example.
- Energetic, attentive to detail and good negotiation and presentation skills
- Possess uiversity degree or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Strong people management skills and team lead experience.
- Take accountability for delivering results
- Operational excellence mindset and with good business sense
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive "can do" mentality
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Planning and organising
- Quality orientation
- Team orientation
What we offer
- Experience in Java development
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum software development environment
- Knowledge in modern development approaches such as Continuous Integration/Delivery, Build Automation and Cloud Technology
- Exposure to various OS platforms: Windows, UNIX (Oracle Solaris, HPUX), Linux (RedHat)
- Knowledge in any of the following domains is an asset:
- Strong knowledge of web-service related technologies: XML, RESTful web-services
- Strong database knowledge: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
- Security technologies: PKI, HMAC, AES, SSL, HSM
- Cloud solution
click here SWIFT - Make your impact
click here You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
- Stephen Gilderdale - Chief Product Officer