Associate Manager grade E (Band 8 A )
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 14 Nov 18
Associate Manager grade E (Band 8 A )
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise
We are currently looking for....
Name: Grade : E (Band 8A)
GENERIC JOB ROLE JOB TITLE (for Organization Chart)
Associate Manager - grade E (Band 8A)
REPORTS TO (Primary) REPORTS TO (Secondary)
AVP / Vice President Senior Vice President - Compliance & Assurance
DIRECT REPORTS INDIRECT REPORTS
1. 1. Assist the COUNTRY MONEY LAUNDERING PREVENTION OFFICERs/ Transaction Surveillance Unit Head to meet his/her obligations in terms of local laws, regulations and Group Policies and Standards for the prevention of money laundering.
2. To promote, throughout ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING Transaction Surveillance Unit, the culture and practice of Compliance within the letter and spirit of regulatory requirements and ethical standards in the conduct of business, and to oversee the compliance unit with those requirements and standards.
1. Establish and develop effective working relationships with COUNTRY MONEY LAUNDERING PREVENTION Officers' and other personnel of business units.
2. Effectively supervise the ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING TRANSACTION Surveillance Unit in GSSC.
3. Develop effective controls and procedures for identifying, monitoring, reporting and record keeping of suspicious activities - ensure that significant cases of suspected money laundering are subject to appropriate investigation and disclosure where necessary. Keep the procedural manual up to date.
4. Ensure that appropriate internal resources, systems, procedures and controls are in place and are operating effectively.
5. Reviewing and where necessary submitting Suspicious Activity Reports to country MONEY LAUNDERING PREVENTION OFFICER network, Group FINANCIAL CRIME RISK in a timely manner. This also includes managing any internal responses.
6. Ensure timely reporting and escalation of significant risk issues to management.
7. Coordinate information requested from supported countries and GROUP FINANCIAL CRIME RISK, relating to ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING and ensure that they are promptly attended to.
8. Monitor with the respective COUNTRY MONEY LAUNDERING PREVENTION OFFICER's & external resources significant changes to local money laundering risks and legal / regulatory requirements. Communicating these changes and providing guidance to the FINANCIAL CRIME RISK TRANSACTION SURVEILLANCE Unit on how such requirements should be met.
9. Maintain or coordinate with the relevant operations unit to ensure that the relevant lists and database used in the transaction monitoring and investigation review of potentially suspicious activities are up to date and promptly notify the relevant units of the change where appropriate.
10. Coordinate IT initiatives and managing database and systems used by the unit to ensure operational issues are promptly addressed.
11. Coordinate BCP / DR testing in addition to taking appropriate measure for managing crisis situation.
12. Ensure quality of review undertaken in Transaction Surveillance Unit Chennai satisfies the requirements of the business and the local legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to respective countries. This includes reviewing the appropriateness of actions taken on a sample of alerts / cases.
13. Ensure that suitable procedures and controls are in place for Transaction Surveillance Unit. This includes ensuring that:
• An appropriate Service Level Agreement exists between the country and the SSC, which details the nature and level of service being provided to the country
• Staff are adequately trained and made aware of the most up to date local legal and regulatory requirements
• The country requirements are adequately reflected in the SSC procedures and system settings (e.g. detection scenarios).
• Appropriate methodologies, management information and approval processes are in place to monitor and manage the level, nature and timeliness of alerts and the resources required to action them.
• Effective quality assurance processes are in place
• Timely identification and escalation of key risk issues to the management
• Meet SLA relating to TAT and accuracy, ensure at minimum productivity levels are met, review capacity levels on a regular basis, cost save initiatives, roll out new DSs within the agreed time frame and ensure timeliness in submission of MIS.
14. Build overall talent within the team by encouraging staff members to undertake local/international certifications relating to AML and cross train members of staff.
15. Initiate and drive operational excellence activities.
16. To instate Controls in order to ensure that the mails received in the Generic Mail Ids owned/ responsible for, are actioned as per the laid out timelines.
17. Secure 'Acceptable' audit ratings for the unit and ensure timely resolution of audit and risk related issues.
18. Ensure the team complies with the organization ILDP program.
19. Based on the errors reported, provide feedbacks to staff and ensure refresher trainings conducted on a timely manner.
1. Professional with core compliance or business skills.
2. Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts in MONEY LAUNDERING PREVENTION OFFICER network and the business.
3. Sound knowledge of applicable ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING Laws and Regulations of the respective countries and the ability to interpret and apply them to actual situations.
4. Detailed understanding of relevant Group and local policies and standards.
5. Good knowledge of banking products and support structure.
6. Good judgment. An inquisitive approach to practices and procedures. Personal authority and integrity. Independence and resilience.
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS FOR Internal:
• MONEY LAUNDERING PREVENTION OFFICER Network, Group FINANCIAL CRIME RISK Network
• Businesses or Unit Heads and managers
• IT / IS personnel
• Internal Audit
External - where necessary:
• Regulatory Agencies
• External Auditors
-Interpretation of and consultations on AML legal and regulatory requirements
-Risk management and compliance initiatives + review of alerts/cases
-Audit and reviews
-Inspection and regulatory requirements
-Audit and reviews
1. Timely reporting and escalation of significant issues.
2. Satisfactory regulator examinations and audits - effective control and monitoring of suspicious transactions.
3. Successful system implementation (minimal or no operational risk issues).
4. Cross team collaboration and leadership skills - effective supervision of the unit.
5. Compliance with ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING Policies and Procedures.
1. Free access to business management and staff.
2. Free access to all documents, transaction records and customer data in the business for transaction monitoring.
Leading the way in International Banking. With more than 86,000 employees in 68 countries, and a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets, Standard Chartered is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...