Assurance - Audit, Manager/Senior Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Malaysia
- 20 May 19
Assurance - Audit, Manager/Senior Manager
Assurance - Audit Manager/Senior Manager, Malaysia
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organization in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience in order to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join our External Audit team and you will help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements. In addition, you will conduct timely and constructive discussion with management on accounting and reporting matters, and provide a robust and clear perspective to audit committees.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage engagements by defining the audit strategy in consultation with the senior manager/partner, and execute it in compliance with Ernst & Young's policies and protocols
- Execute complex audit procedures and lead teams, or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement
- Actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and confirm that work delivered to clients is a high quality
- Anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate
- Create a positive learning culture and coach and counsel junior team members and support them in their personal and professional development
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- Recognized university degree with specialization in accounting, finance or related field / ACCA affiliate
- Completed any of the professional accounting qualification
- MIA eligible
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in a professional services environment
Ideally, you'll also have
- Knowledge of business trends, emerging technical and industry developments
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.