Global Process Owner - Purchase to Pay (P2P)
As part of the Global Finance Process Excellence Team in Group Finance, the Global Process Owners (GPOs) provide process expertise to optimise Global Finance processes.
Global Finance transaction processing across all markets is supported by the Global Finance Services (GFS) organisation which delivers services from regional centers in Malaysia, the UK, Brazil, Costa Rica and Bulgaria.
Over the past 2-3 years finance activity has moved from the UK GFS centre and regional Finance teams to our overseas centres across several finance areas with Purchase to Pay being centralised in our Kuala Lumpur Finance Service Centre.
The Global Process Owner P2P role reports into the Global Process Owner Lead - Record to Report (R2R) and works alongside the GPO R2R and GPO - Order to Cash (O2C) to provide ownership and expertise for their specific end-to-end process and, as a team, across all three streams.
The focus of the GPO role is to create and own the Optimisation roadmap for their stream; standardising, streamlining and automating finance processes globally. The roadmap provides the framework within which to identify and prioritise improvement initiatives at all levels and is continually adjusted as new initiatives arise to be assessed against the current priorities.
Each GPO is supported by and responsible for the knowledge development of a Global Process Specialist (GPS) who
provide specialist knowledge of and support and training for Global Finance processes, maintain global standards, drive efficiencies and strengthen controls and manage initiatives on the roadmap including integrations, as well as being a
global point of contact for Oracle Champions, finance users and Global Corporate Systems.
1. High quality, consistent and up to date Optimisation roadmaps
- Owns the Global Finance Process Optimisation Roadmaps; standardising, streamlining and automating finance processes globally.
- Partners with Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Blackbelts and/or uses their own LSS Blackbelt skills to create and continually update the roadmaps and drive prioritisation discussions to agree the initiatives delivery plan.
- Engages with internal and external experts to incorporate new learnings and identified best practice, including controls, into the roadmaps and so into Experian processes.
2. Improved Finance efficiency, productivity and drive cost savings through process improvements within the roadmap framework
- Works closely with business teams to continually identify improvement initiatives to incorporate into the roadmaps and coordinates initiatives globally to ensure all are aligned with the roadmap priorities
- Initiates/drives through process improvements, standardisation and automation.
- Ensures process standardisation across countries and regions
- Measures & monitors process-related KPIs against internal and external benchmarks
3. Provides Finance process best practice expertise within the Global Finance Process Excellence team
- The GPOs are part of the Global Finance Process Excellence (GFPE) Team. The GFPE team consists of GPOs, Lean Six Sigma Blackbelts and Robotic Process Automation developers. The team works together to identify the root cause of and optimal solution for process problems, then coordinates the delivery of those solutions, whether within the GFPE team or in partnership with other teams.
- The GPOs are responsible for identifying where a system solution is optimal and if so, where it sits within the initiatives prioritisation. Where it is lower priority, the GPOs work with LSS Blackbelts and RPA developers to identify interim solutions to deliver benefits.
4. Business advisors and process consultants
- Recognised as the Global Finance Process experts across the business, providing consultancy for internal initiatives at all levels, from strategic to 'Just-Do-It'.
- Identifying new and innovative ways in which business teams can harness benefits from standardisation, streamlining and automation.
- Owning their own development to use internal and external resources and contacts to continually build expertise to ensure Experian remains at the forefront of innovation and incorporates relevant best practice into all processes.
Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 10 years' experience in senior roles specifically covering process improvements, leading teams and major change projects. Candidates should have a detailed knowledge of Oracle EBS and best practice Purchase to Pay processes. Candidates should also have experience of working in international organisations with a matrix management structure. Further desirable experience would include:
- Ideal candidate has worked with companies in transition - and is comfortable with fast change, quick decisions and uncertainty.
- Lean-Six Sigma Blackbelt certified, or Greenbelt with aspirations to become Blackbelt.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to connect with people at all levels - a good influencer, especially within a matrix, global environment.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Excellent organisational skills and highly process oriented.
- Removes roadblocks and acts as an advocate for process excellence.
- Ability to use independent judgment in performing all duties of the position.
- Clear Customer Service focus to drive improvements for all customers.
- High levels of initiative, drive and poise coupled with maturity, flexibility, and patience.
- High attention to detail as well as an ability to achieve results through delegation across owned and shared resources.
- Execution-oriented individual with an eye toward planning, directing and building toward a desired outcome as opposed to sustaining status quo.
- Proven ability to assist in the development of systems to define performance benchmarks, reduce costs, and improve financial performance.