Head Design - Transforming Customer Journey
- Provide a creative vision not just for the design team but the whole organization.
- Establish processes and practices for realizing that vision, and set the bar for quality.
- Develop a UX Strategy in line with the brand definition and experience principles, and ensure that those are appropriately interpreted through the team ' s work.
- Establish clear design philosophies and guidelines that are in line with the UX strategy. Establish and develop best practice with the design team
- Checks in with project teams and knows when to provide guidance to arrive at better solutions and happier customers
- Ensure creative teams are producing the highest quality work
- Influence design led thinking across the business
- Lead concept development in relation to design and creative outputs as needed
- Manage the design team and develop our people
- Develop and manage productivity and to continuously improve the design team ' s production capabilities
- Manages direct reports which includes setting clear goals and career paths for direct reports, checking in regularly with direct reports, and making decisions around performance and HR related situations for direct reports
- Participates in recruiting and hiring efforts for the design team which includes proactively identifying and bringing in creative talent
- Participates in resourcing for the creative team which includes planning project teams for upcoming projects, and adjusting resources as necessary on current projects
- Manage, mentor and grow creative talent. Be an advisor and advocate for their career development and success at CIMB
- Act as a thought leader, inspiring our team, clients and the wider creative community
CIMB is looking for someone with extensive, applied experience in Service design, Interaction design or Digital design.
Required Work Experience
- Min. 10 years' experience in leading user experience design
- Creative leadership with experience in international design and innovation projects with a focus on digital services
- Working experience in financial services, online payments, or e-commerce is a plus
Required Technical and Functional Skills
- Excited about joining and developing a young, evolving creative team in CIMB
- Comfortable to lead inter-disciplinary creative projects
- A sensitive and skilled communicator, story-teller and mentor. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of an organization
- Committed to a multi-disciplinary, research and strategy-driven, customer-centric approach to design and innovation
- Strong understanding of Human Centered Design methods and processes
- Comfortable planning, leading, and conducting human-centered design research
- An ability to prioritize between business owners and internal priorities / constraints
- An appreciation of the technical, organizational, and cultural challenges of complex service delivery and large scale transformation activities