Internal Shariah Audit Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Internal Audit is an integral part of the control and governance framework of the Group. The role of the department includes providing senior management and, through the Risk/Audit Committees, the Board with independent and objective assurance of the governance / control over business and operational activities, risk management and support functions of the HSBC Bank (HBMY) / HSBC Amanah (HBMS).
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Internal Shariah Audit Manager. Principal Responsibilities:
- The jobholder's primary role is to conduct internal audits/reviews of HBMY, HBMS covering products, operations, processes, procedures, regulatory requirements, systems, branches / branch network/channels and any other areas / functions / entities that may be assigned from time to time;
- The audits / reviews are to independently assess whether the audited entities' system of internal controls are effectively implemented in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, Group and local policies and procedures;
- Through the audits, provide the senior management and Board/Audit Committee of the Bank with independent assurance that the risk management systems/framework, internal controls and governance processes are effective and that its operations are properly controlled or otherwise;
- Support management in the maintenance of effective controls and operational risk management and provide consultation services to management in these areas.
- Preferably a recognized degree with 5-8 years working experience in related discipline and/or audit experience would be ideal;
- Possess strong knowledge on banking regulations and operations, and internal control concepts;
- Strong planning and organizing skills with strong follow through abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal and lateral thinking skills;
- Strong in both written and verbal communication;
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism;
- Effective in handling conflict management at all levels;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in exercising broad discretion with minimal guidance and supervision;
- Progressive and able to handle complex business operating environment in terms of changes in regulatory requirements, market trends and practices etc.;
- Possess a high level of problem solving, influencing, analytical and lateral thinking skills.