Manager, TS Assessment
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Responsible to support the TS Assessment Lead in rolling out of the TS Assessment Control Adequacy review roadmap
- Drive, guide and work with respective TS domain and the UORM/ORM in the control self-assessment activities across Technology Services
- Perform quality review on the risk and control self-assessment applied by respective domain owner / UORM on the adequacy of the scope (inclusion and exclusion), risk profile identified and respective controls documentation for any process handshake gap, control design inadequacy and handling as well as control testing method
- Proactive identification of collaborative opportunities and engagement with TS Risk & Control - Control Standards SMEs. To facilitate and trigger discussion for risk and control re-design where gaps where identified and control catalogue inclusion, where required.
- Responsible to develop and maintain the self-assessment methodology, templates (checklist, questionnaire, test scripts/plan, summary reports) and process documentation required for Control Adequacy review activities and has the strong ability to articulate the rationale of such methodology, review steps, scoping and testing approach to the stakeholders that are pragmatic without compromising the required quality and outcome of the review.
- Tracking and monitoring of material actions and risks arising TS assessment activities (e.g. Control Adequacy Review outcome, action assigned etc) and escalate as appropriate to TS Assessment Lead
- Prepare regular reporting on TS Assessment program for various stakeholders (TS Internal, TS Risk Forum with ISO, ORO, Group Audit)
- Confident and self-motivated with experience in effectively negotiation with and influencing others in a matrix environment
- Ability and confidence to operate across a wide range of seniority levels, operational divides, locations and businesses
- Be able to create and tailor a clear and concise verbal and written communication to different audiences, fluent written and spoken English language skills
While this role does not have direct responsibilities in identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group, this role is crucial as this role is responsible to drive proper adoption of such activities through Control Adequacy Review and/or thematic ad-hoc review, which is one of the "vehicles" of the risk management activity for TS function in 2020.
Consequently, this role requires the candidate to have at minimum,
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Technology Services domains and their challenges and constraints in the risk management activities
- An in-depth understand of controls required to manage Information and Cyber Security and Operational Risk and preferable experience with tools that have been used in the industry
- A sound understanding with actual exposure / work experience and involvement in of Technology Infrastructure / Application secure by design, and/or technology change program where various aspect of risk and relevant controls applied to manage the overall risk posture
- At least 10 years of working experience in Technology risk space and/or Technology audit disciplines for financial institution
- Well-rounded knowledge on approaches, tools, techniques for recognising, anticipating and resolving operational or process problems
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Technology Services Domain head and process owners
- Technology Services Domain risk manager and teams (UORMs, ORMs)
- Technology &Innovation Risk Control
- Group Operational risk
- CISO / ISO
- Group Internal Audit
- TS Risk & Control
Our Ideal Candidate
- From time to time tactical and strategic risk initiatives may be required to address emergent issues that require leadership or involvement from this role and team.
The successful candidate should have at least 10 years of experience in Technology Risk Management, Information Security, Internal/External Audit or other related roles. The preferred candidate will have experience in Financial Services or other heavily regulated industries (e.g. Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, Payment Industry etc.). Clear, Concise and Articulate communication of complex and conceptual topics is required for success.
In addition, the following qualifications are preferred:
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. CISSP, CRISC, CISA, etc.)
- Experience with Technology Implementation or Operation
- Process Design and Analysis
- Documentation and Textual Analysis
- Data Analytics
- Experience negotiating with and influencing technical stakeholders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .