Senior DevOps Engineer
About the Role
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,000 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in 211 countries. As part of its 2020 strategy, SWIFT is rapidly expanding its financial crime compliance services offering to support the industry with this major regulatory challenge.
In this context, SWIFT is looking for a (Senior) DevOps Engineer to work on the Transaction Management Platform project, according to the roadmap set.
Together with the team, you will have the ability to participate in the development of one of the fastest growing offerings in the history of SWIFT. You will receive the necessary support from your manager based in to ensure your success.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, your main focus lies in the development of CI/CD Pipelines, Test & Deployment automation of the Transaction Management Platform. You will work hand in hand with developers & testers of your team to provide the requested functionalities end to end.
The ideal candidate for this position has excellent technical skills combined with a real sense of leadership and responsibility. He/She is able to build strong partnerships with internal customers and other delivery organizations inside SWIFT. Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, install and support programs/systems in line with agreed requirements.
- Be part of an Agile team developing products that require a high degree of scalability and reliability.
- Work hand-in-hand with developers and testers to ensure code deploys and operates to the highest quality standards.
- Define and refine CI/CD pipelines ensuring the development and release of code is as seamless as possible.
- Analyze problems, develop and propose solutions to more senior team members.
- Prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions
- Work collaboratively with other team members and provide guidance to more junior team members.
- Own what you create! As part of an Agile team you are the owner of what you build as a team, you care about every aspect of the final product and its performance
- Apply automation, monitoring and visualisation across the architecture.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, prepare and give presentations to other team members, management and customers.
- Provide coaching and training to more junior team members based in .
- Provide timing/scheduling estimates to team leader and propose corrective actions to time lines when necessary
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with solutions delivery peers and other IT Delivery partners.
- Demonstrate customer centricity by working closely together with the internal customer.
- Organize an efficient handover through high quality documentation and training.
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- At least 4-5 years of solid DevOps experience.
- Technical Skills Requirements:
- Experience working in an Agile Team and a solid understanding of Agile Software Principles.
- Solid experience with Virtualized Linux & Windows Deployments. Cloud and Containerisation
- Knowledge is an advantage.
- Proficient in web server technologies such Apache Tomcat, HTTPD, Nginx
- Application database knowledge: RDBMS, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
- Solid experience in one or more of the following scripting languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, BASH
- Solid experience in continuous integration/delivery build environment: SVN/GIT, Jenkins, Ant/Maven, Coverage and Static/Dynamic Analysis tools.
- Expert knowledge in either Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Experienced in system monitoring & log analysis tools such as ELK, Splunk, Nagios, Prometheus etc.
- Creativity and innovation
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Take accountability for delivering results
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Time management, planning and organizing
- Ability to work well in both a team and individual environment
- Quality oriented
- Engaged and team oriented
- Open communication