Senior Development Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Lead and drive technical excellence, adoption of tools and process innovation using best practices in rapid/iterative software development at scale.
- Drive the adoption and execution of Scrum, Kanban and DevOps within the Agile teams, take accountability for how software development is orchestrated.
- Setup and drive strong Agile development approaches, processes and tools that allow us to work effectively.
- Building a strong internal community with excellent cross team collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- You will run the internal Community of Practice, ensure good participation and encourage Agile team to run sessions and fully participate.
- Represent the Engineering Leadership Team and in the adoption and maintenance of broader software development lifecycle approaches across different Business Units.
- Strong Technical Delivery experience and an excellent understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience in operating Agile and implementing DevOps at scale in a complex environment
- Support, mentor and coach the Agile Team/Platform Lead in your competency.
Experience and Skills
- Information Technology/Computing/Computer Science
- University Degree
- Scrum Master/Scaled/PMI-ACP certification is a plus
- PMP certification is a plus
- Established Practice Lead/Coach with 15 or more-year experience in SDLC best practices and process improvement;
- Ability to drive and influence change to deliver quality product, improve productivity and efficiency.
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch;
- Full Software Development Lifecycle experience in a mature Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environment;
- Strong Scripting and technical capabilities - ie. Java, .NET, Shell, Python, Ruby, and / or JS
- Experience and knowledge of Agile project management standards and techniques; agile certification would be preferable
- DevOps toolchain experience: JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory;
- Experience in managing and setup up GIT repositories and knowledge of GIT workflow
- Configuration and deployment tools experience - ie .Ansible, Chef, or Puppet;
- Process oriented and ability to document repeated process to support a global and scaled network
- Deployment, Configuration and Administration of enterprise grade application servers like WebSphere and JBoss.
- Good knowledge in messaging servers, Database servers like DB2, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres etc,
- Good knowledge in NoSQL DB, in-memory caching solutions like REDIS, Apache Spark, ELK stack etc
- Strong administration and working knowledge Linux (RHEL) and other UNIX platforms
- Experience working in virtualization technologies like VMWare, Citrix etc
- Experience working with public and private cloud computing ie. AWS
- Experience working with Containerisation technologies ie, Docker
- Practical experience of infrastructure as code tools and frameworks
- Service or Microservice architecture
- Databases, software algorithms and design patterns
- Breadth of knowledge - operating systems, networking, distributed computing
- Experience with cloud deployment, architectural design and systems management experience - AWS / other containerised technologies
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP - understand strace and tcpdump output
- Experience in deploying complex J2EE applications
- QA automation framework set up experience with Cucumber, Gherkin and Selenium
- Good understanding of the application stack and communication protocols (HTTP protocol, proxies, REST, SOAP, SSH, SFTP etc,
- Good understanding of the security concepts w.r.t SSL certificate standards, PKI, etc and application and network security concepts is an added advantage
- Experience in strategizing repository and branching structure for code repositories
- Knowledge of SCB organisation and project governance processes preferred
- Prior experience and knowledge of Private Bank and Wealth Management technology preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .