Senior Investment Manager
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
- Overseeing investment portfolios/mandates through monitoring the compliance with the investment limits & guidelines; tracking the performance of Portfolio Managers; reviewing & evaluating investment mandates/solutions to improve risk & return profiles under different market and economic conditions.
- Working integrally with Portfolio Managers and Asset-Liability Management Team on research associated with existing strategies and providing inputs to support tactical asset allocation process by reviewing portfolio positions and assessing the asset-liability position and/or business requirements.
- Assuming ownership and accountability for the preparation and delivery of timely investment reports to the Investment Committee, Asset & Liability Committee, & Board.
- Performing onboarding and annual due diligence, risk assessment and oversight on external fund managers.
- Facilitating the outsourcing process to ensure it is in compliance with regulatory requirement and internal guidelines and policies.
- Facilitating discussions in the Investment Committee Meeting and Asset-Liability Management Meeting with good understanding of the investment strategies, capital requirement, risk and business objectives.
- Performing analysis to support annual investment strategy review and new investment opportunities.
- Onboarding new asset classes and assessing the relevant risk & reward and coordinate workflow with various stakeholders.
- Establishing effective and efficient investment procedures to ensure adherence to the regulations and internal guidelines.
- Monitoring regulatory changes and assessing its potential impact on the existing investments.
- Ensuring investment portfolios are in compliance with all relevant investment guidelines/limits & regulatory requirements.
- Tracking breaches and discussing solutions with Portfolio Managers.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Possess a strong foundation of the local investment and insurance markets
- Ability to work in a multi-national organizational structure whereby a high level of collaboration is expected
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with a focus business turnaround
- Having good understanding of financial instruments, laws and regulations governing the capital markets and life insurance intermediaries in Malaysia, including the local current Risk Based Capital ("RBC") regime
- Having relevant experience in conducting due diligence, risk assessment and oversight on external fund managers
- Should be able to work independently and possess strong team spirit and collaboration skills to work with investment managers and other functional groups such as ALM, Finance, Actuarial, Risk, Tax and Legal.
- Should be highly motivated, self-starting and possess entrepreneurial spirit with intense desire to work hard and make a positive impact by improving processes.
- Having strong interest in gaining knowledge about new investment vehicles and asset classes.
- Possess a relevant degree in economics/finance/accounting.
- CFA and/or FSA qualification is preferred.
- Eight years or more of relevant working experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a life insurance company or asset management company.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.