Senior Java Developer
About the Role
The MyStandards KL Team is looking for highly skilled and motivated candidate to join the team. As a Senior Developer/System Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic team of professionals using up-to-date technologies and applying agile software developments practices. Under the guidance of a team leader, you will participate in building and/or evolving software components of medium to high complexity from end to end of the MyStandards platform. The candidate will also be responsible for maintaining and developing SWIFT Translator mapping rules used on the platform. Given the mission critical nature of our business, strong emphasis is placed on quality, security, availability, resiliency, scalability, performance, and system resources consumption. It is expected that suitable candidates adhere to a structured development approach and will actively contribute to delivering highest quality software.
As a Senior Developer/System Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic team of professionals using up-to-date technologies and applying agile software developments and delivery practices.
Next to Java Web development activities, you will as well be responsible for the end to end delivery of SWIFT Translator mapping rules used by the community on MyStandards via SWIFT Translator Amongst others, this activity aims at making the SWIFT Translator mapping rule a first class citizen software artefact like any other (Agile delivery scheme, User Story driven development and testing, CI/CD, build,...)
You will actively participate in the whole cycle of development of new user stories: requirements review, solution design, implementation, testing plan and development testing.
Understanding problems, solutions and ensuring the overall consistency of the software will be one of your primary objectives.
You will actively collaborate with other stakeholders such as Product Owners, Testers and other developers across regions.
You will share team commitments and own some parts of those solutions.
You will perform software delivery tasks (builds, installation of release on test environments, etc).
Our solution can always get better! You will take any opportunity to improve the way we work, the tools we use and the software we produce.
- Master Degree in Computer Science (Software Engineering) with 7+ years' experience in a software development role.
- You primarily contribute to server-side code (Java), front-end side code (AngularJS) and SWIFT Translator message mapping rules.
- Quality-oriented: you know that delivering production-ready software takes more than committing code.
- Agile mindset: You like to learn and continuously improve the way we work
- Appetite for the business: you like technology and you love to use it to create solutions to help your customers.
- Team-oriented: you take pride from team achievements and are ready to support and be supported by your team-mates.
- Very good communication skills, including remote meeting setups.
- Curious, eager to learn and to educate others.
What we offer
- Java: Excellent
- Test automation: Excellent
- SWIFT Translator: Basic
- XML: Excellent
- Oracle/SQL: Basic
- REST: Good
- Unix/Linux: Good
- English: Excellent
- Knowledge of FIN or ISO20022 standard a plus
Company & department description
- Challenging and exiciting projects
- Startup like environment
- Training and Development
- Flexi Benfit
- Work life balance
- Friendly team
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardized financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest. SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 24 offices worldwide. In 2015 SWIFT processed more than 6.1 billion FIN messages.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals to be part of a new team working on a new SWIFT product offering under the MyStandards Team.