Senior Web Project Administrator, Technology & Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- The role is part of the Global Web Project functional team within the bank, as a senior web project team member, the candidate must have strong web product technologies subject matter expertise and skill sets with the ability to provide strong program/project mgmt, service delivery for critical web architecture based solutions for business applications within a large, regulated, global banking organization.
- The web products include IBM WebSphere Application Server, Red Hat JBoss EAP, IIS, Red Hat HTTPD, Red Hat Tomcat and other web products listed in the Bank's Technology Standards Catalogue.
- Being part of a project function, the candidate is also expected to have strong communications skills, to be co-operative, constructive with customers and to have strong team collaborative people skills.
• Design, build and deploy high availibility & high resilancy cost effective Intranet & internet web infrastructure solutions for internal business applications inline with the banks web products standards & roadmap.
• Simultaneous project management across multiple web projects across various business domains.
• Responsibility for web platform estate management including license / support subscription oversight, control and best utilization, automation of estate reporting and management, including close collaboration with other Platforms and ITIL Toom team/product leads to ensure that Web project teams needs are covered in line with Bank strategy and policy.
• Initiate and oversee technical infrastructure projects to upgrade or refresh supported systems and avoid obsolescence.
• Client service delivery, ensuring support SLA's and service quality requirements are met at all times.
• Implementing automated self service application deployment, release and management for end users of web platforms.
• Interact with customers and/or functional peer groups/managers.
• At all given times strict adherence to audit, security standards & compliance requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned or required. People and Talent
• Lead through example, subject matter expertise and build the appropriate culture, values and trust.
• Effective collaboration and team spirit with internal team members, cross functional teams, risk and control partners.
• Cross train and develop internal team members based on subject matter expertise and past experience. Governance
• Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
• Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
• Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture. Cost
• Provide right sized, right solution and cost effective web application architecture solutions to the business. Key Stakeholders
• CIO application owners, Other TS Domains and sub-domain heads, PSS support team leads. Other Responsibilities
• Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Technology Support. COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS): TECHNOLOGY
• 6+ years of deep expertise in design and deployment of web server and java application server product based solutions, especially on Linux/UNIX based environments, preferably in a finance/ banking organization.
• 3~4 years of project management experience across multiple simultaneous projects.
• Experience and expertise in heterogeneous web application architectures.
• Knowledege and experience on DNS and load balancers with an understanding of DMZ network firewalls.
• Knowledge and experience on messaging, database, microservice, API Gateway and Integration Platform technologies.
• Experience as a java and/or other development scripting langauges an advantage.
• Knowledge of public cloud environments (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform) an advantage
• Knowledge in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment practise, tooling and techniques required - particularly evidence of leading organisational and cultural change to adopt CI/CD practises.
• Familiarity with Test Driven Development.
• Experience of collaborative work using Agile and Kanban methodologies. Skilled on the usage of Jira, Confluence, Stash and Artifactory or equivalents.
• Experience on the usage of automation tools e.g. Ansible, Rundeck, Puppet, Salt.
• Confident on PKI concepts and maintenance of digital certificates.
• Experience on CMDB driven technology management SERVICE AND FINANCE
• Demonstrates strong client service delivery with an understanding of the cost based service and recovery model.
• Vendor Interaction, understand the product/technology lifecycle, follow end-of-life and provide recommendation for changes/upgrades, understand the advantages and challenges of overlapping product portfolios and how different use cases and operational/regulatory requirements may require different product choices
• Demonstrates tactical ownership for the management and support of assigned infrastructure areas.
• Participating in initiatives to maintain a secure, consistent, and effective global technical infrastructure service. PLANNING AND DESIGN
• Demonstrates high analytical skills, Is self-motivated/directed
• Applies standards consistently across all solutions
• Demonstrates technical skills and ability to successfully complete and resolve complex, non-routine solution designs to address customer requirements
• Demonstrates strategic foresight while employing hands-on technical skills on projects and work assignments
• Demonstrates ability to develop, organize and analyze performance metrics in their given function
• Demonstrates ability to develop, communicate and educate on standard operating procedures within their given function PERSONAL AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
• Delivers by possessing productivity, professionalism, customer service attitude, attention to detail and quality; ability to multitask; team focus, strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and adherence to standard operating procedures
• Demonstrates ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and ability to take direction from multiple areas
• Comfortable in an agile and fast moving environment
• Developing Self & Others through Coaching, Contributing to Team
• Success, Continuously Learning and Sharing Knowledge SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate should have 6+ years of experience in designing and deploying large scale web/application server architectures and should have deep hands on experience in:
• Java J2EE servers such as Red Hat JBoss EAP, IBM Websphere Application Server
• Java servlet containers such as Apache Tomcat, RedHat JBoss Web Server.
• Web Server such as HTTPD, Nginx, IBM HTTP Server, Microsoft IIS
• RHEL Server Administration
• Web security vulnerability assessment, reaction, remediation and reporting.
• Multi-tier web application design, implementation, support and optimization.
• Deploying and managing web services in Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service environments
• Web application troubleshooting, performance optimization and infrastructure optimization QUALIFICATIONS
• Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: IT related tertiary qualification
• Preferred Certifications/accreditations: ITIL v3 Foundation; PMP or PRINCE 2, Agile, Scrum master.
• Professional Memberships: None
• Languages: English Reports Directly to:
Web Project Lead
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.