- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 15 Nov 18
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Specialist
· Financial Crime Surveilliance
· Analyse significant financial crime risk events (e.g. non-compliant transactions, production orders) to ensure that all connected parties, particularly cross-border are identified and reported at the appropriate levels internally across all relevant jurisdictions.
· Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
· In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
Regulatory & Business conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
· Lead the FCSU to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
· Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing).
Specific previous experience in screening (name and transaction)
Analysis skills: Able to analyze data, working knowledge of Internet and MS Office Suite & independently assimilate, analyse and evaluate information from disperse data sources todetermine a course of action (e.g. case closure or escalation), and record and communicate this decision clearly and concisely.
Banking: Knowledge in terms of customers, products and transactions Banking operations experience (Client Due Diligence, payments, trade, markets or other) and service oriented attitude.
Proposition - A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...