- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for...... Enter JD here!
Job Title: Support Specialist
The Support Specialist role is responsible for ensuring availability and reliability of all production applications aligned with his/her subset of applications within a line of business supported by his manager.
Responsibilities area: Problem/Incident Management, Pro-Active/Preventive Maintenance, Change/Release Management, DR/BCP Management, Risk & Compliance, Documentation, Reporting, People / Training.
Reporting to Saad, Faeizulazlan
Direct reports NA
Grade: Grade F (Permanent)
1.Qualification: Academic & Professional
Field of Study Computer Science/Information Technology & related fields
Certification, Bachelor of Science or higher.
2.Skills & Attributes:
The following skills are required to be successful in performing this position:
Skills & Attributes
Must have (maximum of 5 bullet points)
1. Strong technical knowledge CICS, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, and mainframe development related tools.
2. Minimum 5 years of experience in mainframe applications development and/or production supports.
3. At least 1-2 years' experience interacting with internal and external users via verbal and written communication.
4. Excellent prioritization, organizational and time management skills.
5. Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and analytical in problem resolution.
6. Team player, fast learner, self initiative and reliable.
7. The position will require candidate to be on standby support for non-office hour online or batch incidents.
Nice to have ITIL certifications
Prior experience in Production Support Services
Experience in banking domains applications
Key Responsibilities- Primarily responsible for the stability of the production system
- Participates in the Incident and Problem Management processes as a resolver accountable for root cause analysis, resolution and reporting.
- Responsible for knowledge management, ensure that resolution steps, preventive actions etc. are well documented and kept for future reference
- Responsible for adhering to the established process of Incident, Problem, Change and Release management
- Responsible to proactively identify the risks in the application and manage the mitigation actions.
- Responsible for managing, tracking and timely closure of risks and other compliance related issues.
- Participate in internal / external risks and responsible for timely closure of audit action items.
- Participate in cross-training and knowledge transfer activities within support teams
- Resolve technical issues
- Manage and resolve severity incidents
- Analyze the issues reported by users and provide solutions.
- Follow up each issue to closure
- Take preventive measure to prevent severity incidents
- Manage inventory records
- Perform production support activities by providing issue analysis and resolution within the specified SLA, depending on the severity of the issue.
- Resolve issues and maintain updates in Remedy
- Perform root cause analysis of incidents and maintain repository for future use
- Coordinate with IT Service Centre for resolution of issues
- Ensure that back up and disaster recovery plans are executed
- Coordinate during the SCM process for source management
Leading the way in International Banking. With more than 86,000 employees in 68 countries, and a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets, Standard Chartered is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India. See our history
We have an opportunity for…. Enter JD here!
Leading the way in International Banking. Standard Chartered is one of the world's most dynamic and exciting international banks. Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career.
The successful applicant will.... Enter JD here!
Proposition 1 - A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...
Proposition 2 - Rewarding good performance
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our core values and mantra - here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we'll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one..
Proposition 3 - Career development
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.