Technology Service Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Technology Service Manager oversees a number of key functions within the business domain that enable the delivery of a high quality service to Banks Client and internal users. This role ensure Service Support and Service Management processes are in place to meet business needs. This position is a senior stakeholder facing role, and requires that candidate establish and manage expectations within the business and drive the Technology team to achieve those expectations to a high standard. They will also play a key role in managing stakeholder relationships (including CIO, COO, service delivery teams, technology domain teams and external vendors/ suppliers) and expectations as well as alignment to the Service Management roadmap.
This role will engage consistently with business and technooogy services team throughout the whole lifecycle of IT services. With this this role will contribute to the overall definition of the governance of Service Management to which will be aligned to the overall roadmap and strategy of the bank. Delivery
- Ensure delivery of stable, robust technology solutions to meet business needs via active management and measurement of performance, and continual service review/improvement.
- End to end management of technology services within the TS domain.
- Ensure delivery of a superior end user experience. Ensure that all Client interactions, tools, processes, procedures, conversations are intuitive and take the end user's perspective.
- Liaise and resolve issues with other Global IT functions - CIO, Production Services (PS), Technology Operations (TO), Global Information Security (STS), and other Service Management colleagues
- Continuous improvement in value created and provided to SCB business partners and support provided to other Group Technology teams
- Compliance with all applicable Rules/Regulations and company/Group Policies
- Demonstrable continuous improvement in performance and service quality above and beyond expected targets/objectives. Drive technology improvements across Group Technology.
- Creates additional, sustainable value not originally envisaged by key stakeholders through innovative and synergistic approach.
Maintain high performing service support functions
- Owner of the Incident, Change, SLM and Escalation processes within the domain, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- As owner of the escalation process the Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of
- major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to
- stakeholders and post incident review
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
- Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
Value articulated in the portfolio of services offered and delivered to the business.
- Full understanding, in financial terms, the value of IT services, asset and the cost of provisioning of the services to the business at a defined quality standard.
- Creates additional value not originally envisaged by key stakeholders through innovative and synergistic approach
- Organizational change and value created is sustainable
- Effective identification, management and mitigation of risks affecting all components of Service Delivery.
- Effective management of dependencies/inter-dependencies across service delivery and support.
- Zero surprises (i.e. no risks become issues) through pre-emptive and pro-active measures taken.
- The role will support to formulate Tech service management service strategy and execution plan.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Service Level Management process
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- CIOs, PSS head, COO, Business Stakeholders of Banking and Transaction Banking
- Country spacfic business and technology stakeholders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.