Assistant Manager – Management Consulting (Strategy, Business Performance Services)
In the Strategy service line, we focus on addressing issues and providing solutions at a strategic level for both the public and private sector. This ranges from strategic business/policy planning and formulation, identifying new growth areas, feasibility studies, all the way down to addressing organization and operational efficiencies, increasing revenues, controlling costs and improving processes.
We provide our clients with solutions in • Growth Strategy • Enterprise-wide Strategy • Financial Modelling & Strategy • Public Sector Policy • Feasibility Studies • Economic Impact Assessment • Business Intelligence and Analytics • Industry Analysis • Business Planning • Operational Effectiveness •
• Manage project activity and output delivery and maintain the quality and integrity of project deliverables;
• Lead and conduct research, analysis, discussions, interviews, workshops and other project activities;
• Business report writing and preparation of presentation documents;
• Lead and support business development activities such as potential client contacts, proposal writing, research, development of business propositions and proposal presentation documents;
• Guide and assist in the development of junior team members and transfer relevant technical knowledge;
• Provide insight and research on solutions and identify trends and emerging thought leadership needs in the marketplace;
• Collaborate with service networks and third parties on industry best practices and to develop KPMG proprietary methodologies and content;
• Develop the respective methodologies, strategies and plans to improve delivery.
• Degree or Master's in Business, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Finance or Accounting, Actuarial Science, or other relevant disciplines;
• Minimum 4-5 years of relevant experience in local or international management consultancies; larger accounting and advisory firms; financial/economic research and consulting practices or relevant functions in private or public sector organizations at management or supervisory levels;
• Experience working in projects as a team leader or project manager would be an added advantage;
• Exposure to sectors such as Manufacturing, Financial Services, Infrastructure and Oil & Gas
or a track record in the Public Sector is advantageous;
• Experience in corporate planning, strategy formulation, business transformation, analytical work in performance improvement, business operations, is advantageous;
• Experience or strong background in economic analysis, econometrics, data analytics and financial analysis is preferred. Strong skills and prior experience in building economic and financial models is advantageous.
• Good communication, presentation and report writing skills;
• Independent, self-motivated, organized, and results oriented;
• Ability to undertake multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Excellent command of English;
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Project and other analytical/statistical tools such as SPSS, Minitab.