Automation Developer (Robotic Process Automation)
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Identifying new process opportunities and accurately analyzing and estimating new processes, quickly assessing feasibility
• Identifying and communicating the technical infrastructure requirements
• Designing Automation process solutions in accordance with standard Automation design principles and conventions (Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UiPath)
• Configuring new Automation processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand
• Creating and maintaining Technical solution documentation
• Supporting existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process
• Mentoring colleagues through the Automation tools training and accreditation program - providing advice and guidance on best practice and development techniques
• Problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of Automation processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required
• Communicating with tools team on software related issues, suggested improvements and participating with other users in the Blue Prism community
• Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process
• Creating and documenting test procedures and scenarios for the pre-UAT phases
• Supporting the Operational Teams during the UAT and rollout phases
• Proficiency in Java and VBA, minimum 2 years of experience in application development projects
• Proficiency / knowledge of other Robotic Process Automation suites (Automation Anywhere, BluePrism, UiPath)
• Understanding of object based coding
• Understanding of workflow based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualize it as an automated solution
• Automation Anywhere
• Winautomation, macros, scripting
• A track record in the successful delivery and support of excel macros, Visual Basic scripts or other configuration/scripting type technology
• Experience with any ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, others) will be an asset
• Willingness and ability to blend business analysis with hands-on configuration of automated processes in the Blue Prism product
• The ability to learn quickly and progress rapidly from theoretical exercises to real world delivery and mentoring tasks
• Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience
• Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
• An understanding of, and a willingness to adhere to, formal change control procedures and disciplines
• An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error
• A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies, passion for coding
• Self-motivation, project management, time-management, drive to achieve goals
• Very good written and spoken English, strong communications skills
• Field of Study: Bachelors in Computer Science
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.