About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Delivery Lead will be a key member of Trade IT Development team and responsible for managing Agile Development teams and ensuring delivery of high-quality software that meets functional and non-functional requirements. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme. RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Delivery Lead will be a key member of Trade IT Development team and responsible for managing Agile Development teams and ensuring delivery of high-quality software that meets functional and non-functional requirements. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme. Software Delivery
· Represent the team to management and management to the team
· Work closely with the Product Owner to ensure a healthy, refined Product Backlog for the team
· Responsible for teaching and coaching Scrum values and practices
· Ensure adherence to delivery schedules and attendance at Daily Stand-up meetings
· Remove roadblocks and obstacles where the team is not able to do so
· Assist the Product Owner in shielding the team from external interferences
· Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions
· Facilitate team member specialization and generalization of tasks
· Schedule Sprint Reviews at the end of each sprint with the Product Owner
· Schedule and facilitate Sprint and Release Planning meetings
· Primarily a facilitative, servant leader and a Scrum process coach.
· Monitor Sprint tasks to ensure success but does not create or assign tasks (the team creates and assigns tasks)
· Regularly and physically meets with the team members People Management
· Coordinate with resources and teams across different locations
· Good Stakeholder Management Skills
· Responsible for capability development of the team/ unit
· Responsible for conducting appraisals, feedback & handling work allocations for direct reports &
· reviewing the same for indirect reports.
· Responsible for managing the career growth, motivation & retention for the assigned group Risk Management
· Continuous management of the Trade Application System risks
· Proactively identify issues and actions
· Monitor and remediate issues and actions from audits
· Awareness of the regulatory world and knowledge of AML, Fraud, Screening, Data Quality needs and ensuring these are catered for in the functional design Governance
· Ensure adherence to Systems Development Framework and control processes
· Ensure delivery of all software artefacts People Management
· Coordinate across different teams and locations
· Capability development of the team/ unit
· Conducting appraisals, feedback & handling work allocations for direct reports & reviewing the same for indirect reports.
· Managing the career growth, motivation & retention for team members Key Stakeholders
· Business and Operations (Product Owners)
· Trade IT Team
· Interface IT Teams
· Technology Services Teams
· Production Support Teams KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Educational Qualification/Certification :
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree
· Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
· Experience in managing Agile Delivery Teams
· Latest technology architectures and design - Micro services, Web and Mobile applications
· Cloud-Native application deployments and Containers (Docker)
· Exceptional troubleshooting and investigative skills. In possession of a strong sense of ownership and accountability
· The ability to manage competing priorities from a variety of stakeholders.
· Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
· Should have participated in, and be familiar with, SDLC and Agile (Scrum) project methodologies Optional Skills:
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
· Relevant experience of 10+ years
· Banking/FinTech experience preferred