Tax Consultant – Indirect Tax (Customs and Trade)
KPMG Indirect Tax Practice offers a broad range of professional services which includes all Indirect Tax matters, covering Sales Tax, Service Tax, Customs duties and Goods and Services Tax (GST). We also cover the Price Control and Anti Profiteering legislation. Our clients are from a wide range of industries such as the manufacturing, utilities, hotels and infrastructure industries. Our ITP professionals are well trained to render value added advice to our clients.
• Assisting Directors and Managers in the performance of assignments for related portfolio of clients
• Develop and maintain relationships with relevant government authorities, business associations and networks
• To advise and provide solutions on a broad range of projects including Free Trade Agreements, customs valuation, classification, customs compliance and opportunity reviews, special duty savings programs, etc.
• Working as a team on specific client engagements/ advisory projects
• A recognized university degree or a professional qualification in Economics / Accounting / Finance or a member of a recognized professional accounting / taxation body.
• Capable of working independently whilst being part of a team and produce results in a fast changing environment
• Possesses practical experience and working knowledge in one or more of the following areas is an added advantage: Customs valuation, product classification, Free Trade Agreements and Rules of Origin, Customs compliance and risk assessment, World Trade Organization (WTO) agreements and other international trade developments
• Must be analytical, self-motivated, organized and able to multi-task and work independently.
• Must be a team player to work in a robust team of multi-disciplinary professionals.
• Must be able to assist in research to support project and practice development works, presentations, and proposal development.
• Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner