- GBP500 - GBP550 per day
- Mellieha, Il-Mellieha, Malta
- Contract, Full time
- 08 Nov 18
My client, a financial services organisation with global operations is looking for an MLRO to join their team in Malta for a 12 months contract.
Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Responsible for anti-money-laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism ("AML/CFT") and other financial crime compliance requirements relevant to Financial Services licensed activity in Malta.
- Lead, develop and implement the financial crime compliance framework, the technical solutions and AML/CFT strategy to include detailed policies and procedures.
- Advise the executive team and other business units (namely Finance, Compliance, Customer Services, and Payment Operations) on money laundering issues, particularly the review of higher risk customers and provide clear instructions of how the AML framework should be applied for these cases.
- Produce periodic circulars for key stakeholders setting out key developments within the subject matter both externally and within the business; and via a Compliance Monitoring Plan report on the operational effectiveness of the company's AML/CFT and Fraud systems and controls.
- Observe and plan for new legislation in relation to development of AML policies, systems, practices and procedures and oversight to ensure effective implementation
- Provide day-to-day support to all internal stakeholders on any issues around AML/CFT and financial crime.
- Register, review and respond on Internal SARs and make decisions as to whether they need reporting externally to the Malta FIAU.
- Liaise with law enforcement and other authorities to assist in investigations where required
- Represent the company at selected committees/forums, conferences and on industry-wide projects involving external parties for AML this would include the RGA, MGA, and UKGC AML forums.
- Deliver AML/CFT training to employees.
- Have 5+ years previous experience as an MLRO or a senior manager within an AML department.
- Have managerial/leadership experience of both people and systems with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Have project management and business process improvement experience.
- Have the ability to manage the relationship with the Financial Intelligence Units and the Malta Financial Services Authority..
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Assertive, enthusiastic, and able to lead by example and present a professional image.
- An AML qualification (such as International Compliance Association Diploma or equivalent) is required
- Working knowledge of Maltese Money Laundering Legislation & Regulations, or ability to demonstrate application at a senior level of similar legislation in a different jurisdiction.
- Understand and interpret new legislation (particularly around the SARs regime) and FATF mutual evaluation results, and the impact it may have on the financial services industry.