- Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
- Permanent, Full time
Location: Mexico City, Distrito Federal, MexicoThe purpose of the job is to provide high-level administrative support to the regional officer (i.e., local TMD, Team Leader, Country Manager) and regional staff, providing excellent customer service to both internal and external clients. Act as a liaison to Corporate Headquarters and to local building management and external vendors both IT and otherwise, to ensure that all office operations are coordinated and run smoothly.
Manage operations of regional office, acting as liaison to building management on all issues concerning office facility (i.e., maintenance, emergency management, security, etc). Responsible for vendor selection for general office services such as office supplies, IT equipment providers, plant care, catering and refreshments and supervising contractors while on-site.
Liaison to Main Office
Act as liaison to Moody's main office (New York) to ensure that office needs are communicated as well as main point of contact for budget planning purposes on administrative lines of expense. This includes coordination of on-boarding of new hires, processing requisitions, supporting event planning coordinators and participation in group-wide initiatives as assigned (i.e., round table and smaller events coordination or support to coordinators, offsite planning, etc.).
Provide general administrative assistance to office staff to include copying, faxing, filing, spreadsheet work and presentation preparation as necessary. Acquire and maintain a good understanding of Moody's business in order to provide optimal customer service. Uses initiative to relieve executives of detail work. Support the regional office in the supervision of administrative staff.
Travel & Entertainment
Responsible for supervising Concur timely and accurate submission from Administrative Assistants and ad-hoc help whenever needed to ensure traveling arrangements go smoothly. The supervision will include submissions for all air, rail, car service travel, hotel and conference registrations that the regional office may need. Ensuring that company policies are followed and that proper and organized documentation is provided when AAs are submitting their reports.
Review and approval of timely and accurate preparation and submission of Accounts Payable vouchers, ensuring that proper accounts are used, and amounts are correct and that proper and organized documentation is provided to support the voucher, including the validity of the supplier in terms of appropriate corporate procurement policies and procedures.
Mexico Office Meeting Coordination
Coordinate administrative staff for efficient execution of process requests for meetings to be held in the Mexico office including setting up appointments, reserving conference rooms, arranging for teleconference numbers, refreshments, handouts, etc. As well as directly process requests for WiFi access for approved external users as per policy.
Act as administrative back-up to ensure that coverage is provided during lunch breaks and meetings or in times of absence.
May be called upon to maintain attendance records for all associates in regional office. In such cases, coordinator should acquire a good understanding of Moody's attendance policies and ensure that all records are kept current and up-to-date.
Responsible for ensuring that Admin Assistants are ordering and maintaining inventory of office, stationery, courier and pantry supplies.
Execute new vendors' agreements as required and provide surveillance and support on service agreements in force as per corporate policies and procedures.
Thorough understanding of the business' operations including credit ratings and other permissible services, how are these processed and how are the reported to regulators, other authorities and internal parties.
Will have to learn, in a brief period, how are ratings commercially and legally contracted, as be familiar with all the documentation involved in such contracting processes and the appropriate storage of all documentation required.
Participate in other administrative important activities including but not limited to Crisis Management Team actions.
- Advanced level of spoken and written English language is a must in order to work with all of Moody's offices across locations.
- 5+ years related experience working in a corporate environment
- Bachelor degree is required, business administration preferred.
- Excellent organization skills is a must for this role
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Strong demonstrated working knowledge of, and skill in, the Microsoft Office Suite including
- Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- OUTLOOK: In CALENDAR, ability to create and modify appointments and recurring appointments using the planner; familiarity with features such as labels and private appointments; in E-MAIL, the ability to compose, send and forward email as well as perform e-mail blasts and familiarity with features such as in-box management (folders), sort and search.
- WORD: ability to create and modify communications using features such as header/footers, pagination, tables, mail merges, hyperlinks, etc.
- EXCEL: ability to understand, create and use advanced functions and formulas to create workbooks, pivot tables, charts and graphs.
- POWERPOINT: ability to create and modify presentations using advanced functions such as animation and transition, inserting charts, graphs and objects and merging presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills - ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly; ability to compose draft communications for department wide distribution requiring minimal editing by manager.
- Strong orientation toward teamwork
- Requires minimal supervision
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.