Our client is a well-respected Private Equity Fund with various offices in Sub Saharan and North Africa. This position will be based their Casablanca office.
The Analyst would be expected to have 18-30 months relevant work experiences AFTER stages/internships.
The Associate would be expected to have 24-48 months relevant work experiences AFTER stages/internships.
Candidates with private equity, management/strategic consultancy, independent investment banking or accounting (Big4 or less likely mid-tier partnerships) experience, especially in Transaction Services will be favoured.
Position Summary - will primarily deliver a range of valuation services, financial analyses and market analyses.
Education & Skills sought
• Graduated from a reputable business school or engineering school (inciding possibly French grandes ecoles).
• Ideally considerable experience of constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models including: DCF, comparable company, comparable transactions, commodity contracts / forecasts, and other intangible asset models
• Knowledge of software packages including MS Word and MS PowerPoint
• Advanced Excel skills and strong modelling and financial valuation skills
• Strong organizational, quantitative and problem-solving skills
• High attention to detail
• A willingness to continue to learn and ask questions, and to demonstrate a thoughtful business curiosity.
• Providing support to more experienced team members
• Financial modelling and analysis as well as Market sector research
• Involved in some external meetings
• Post investment monitoring of management accounts
• Analysis and execution of investment strategies
• Develop flexible financial models and perform ad hoc financial forecasting, analyses and modelling
• Develop, conduct and coordinate financial analyses, reports and presentations to facilitate making important business decisions
• Conduct financial and business (e.g. industry analysis, competitive position, growth prospects) diligence and evaluate new product development and acquisitions.
• Performing valuations on a wide range of industry sectors across the North African business world. Experience in other regions also important for this task / role
• Provide analytical support for equity transactions
• With time, participate in strategic planning and budget processes of acquired portfolio companies.
• Contributing to the design and enhancement of the financial models used to perform valuations and portfolio monitoring
• With time, working with management of investee companies to maintain good portfolio company relationships.
• Ideally some knowledge of several industry sectors, e.g. Business Services, Education, Manufacturing & FMCG, Healthcare Providers & Services, or Software & IT Services
• Some experience and sensitivity in maintaining business relationships
• Native French reqiuired and ideally Arabic speaker
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• Strong team player