We arelooking for talented Android Developers
to join our mobile team inourAmsterdam headquartersand help us to make the best travel app in the world!Our Android developers aregiven the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements to our toprated mobile app and impact more than 10 million users worldwide. B.responsible
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business, so we listen to our customers and give them features they want to use. As a developer in our mobile team you'll bea key part of the idea generation process, working in a small start up-like group which takes full ownership of its part of our platform. You'll be working on the iterative improvements wemake as part of our high-speed release cycles, as well as looking ahead and implementing broader changes to our mobile app.
Important aspects of the job include:
- Rapidly develop new features and A/B test them with our customers
- Solve issues with the app, prioritizing based on customer impact
- Collaborate with Back-end Developers, Product Owners and Designers to constantly improve our Android app
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
We expect our developers to know the ins and outs of the Android framework and to deliver polished products customers want to use.We need self-starters who are great at solvingproblems, initiate solutions and discussions and are not afraid of solving challenges due to our huge scale.
We have found that people who match the following requirements are the ones who fit us best:
Bonus Points for:
- 5+ years of experience as a developer using Java and other languages
- At least 2-3 years of this experience must be from working withAndroid SDK
- Strong interaction and design sense,excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Experience with Android Market place & Distribution Process
- An approved Play store app
- SQL knowledge and/or willingness to learn
- Experience working with A/B testing
- You are passionate about open source and contribute
- You're not afraid to solve deep technical challenges of a whole new level at a huge scale
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department offers training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!