- Den Helder, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Nov 18
The role refers to a compliance officers position within Corporate Compliance Risk Management's Compliance Conduct and Ethics team (Job Control Framework/NFR Officer D).
The Compliance Expert assist in providing advice and developing standards and tools to support the changing role of compliance with an increasing focus on culture and ethics. This means supporting the 1st and 2nd lines of defence (in more than 40 countries) in embedding both compliance hard and soft controls and ensuring adherence to current and new developed compliance requirements in their day-to-day work processes. .
- Assist in providing compliance expert advise to the 1st and 2nd Lines of Defence on personal, organisational and financial integrity related compliance risks; advising on the changing role of compliance to an integrity driven focus and to integrate ethics into the regular business operations.
- Keep up to date with trends and best practices in the financial industry and national and international regulatory expectations (e.g. FSB, ECB, FCA) versus ING practices and address potential gaps; were relevant assist in translating expectations or identified gaps into ING Compliance methodologies, standards and tools.
- Support to facilitate the embedding of methodologies, standards and tool throughout the Compliance function e.g. to support integrity led culture (compliance risk culture monitoring, integrity-led decision making).
- Coordinate and develop compliance training and awareness for the compliance experts and business, including ongoing awareness and communication with regards to changes of compliance requirements and adherence to the Orange Code values and behaviours. .
- Guide the compliance community in their advisory role towards Tier 1 in interpreting policies and support them in translating global requirements into local procedures.
- Support and cooperate with the Functional Oversight Monitoring team in monitoring global embedding of compliance policies, minimum standards and soft controls.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to set up and participate in Compliance expert sharing platforms; and
- Develop, write / update, roll-out and support the implementation of assigned compliance policies or minimum standards in line with the Internal Control Framework Binding Principles and were relevant develop related (monitoring) tools.
Your Work Environment
The Compliance Risk Management function supports ING Bank in being compliant with applicable laws, regulations and reasonable expectations of society at large as well as being the preferred bank for its clients by ensuring that it does the right things, the right way with integrity. This entails that every employee within ING Bank respect the letter and spirit of applicable laws, regulations, as well as policies, standards and the Orange Code.
The Conduct and Ethics team is part of the ING Corporate Compliance Risk Management positioned at the ING headquarters in Amsterdam. The Compliance Expert has a direct reporting line to the Head of the Conduct and Ethics team who reports into the Head of Corporate Compliance Risk Management.
The Corporate Compliance Risk Management vision is:
Every ING employee will have the drive and ability to protect the bank and its customers from compliance risks, making ING a benchmark in the Banking sector.
The Corporate Compliance Risk Management mission is:
Compliance enables ING to be the primary bank for its customers by ensuring that it is doing the right thing, the right way, with integrity.
Who we are looking for
- Being a role model for Orange Code.
- Possess a 'can do' approach, passion for the business, and drive for results.
- 3+ years experience in compliance risk management or banking experience that is relevant for compliance risk management.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to build effective working relationship and thrive in a diversified and multicultural work environment.
- Strong and effective communication skills - fluent in written and spoken English.
- Thorough understanding of compliance relevant legislation and regulations, international trends and industry developments
- Excellent analytical skills as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Organised with the ability to meet and respond to tight deadlines.
- An academic degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
What we offer
We offer a challenging and stimulating working environment, a working week of 36/40 hours with a salary scale 10.
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact Kamila Falana ( email@example.com ). We are looking forward to your application. For more information on vacancies check www.ING.nl/carriere .