Senior Compliance Officer
The role refers to a global senior position within Corporate Compliance Risk Management (Job Control Framework/ Officer NFR C, scale 12). The Senior Compliance Expert provides advice, develops standards and tools and supports ING globally (all lines of defence) in embedding of compliance requirements in day-to-day work processes. In this role you are in contact with colleagues in more than 40 countries. Responsibilities
Your Work Environment
- You will be the owner of a number of Group Compliance policies and contribute actively to the development and maintenance of the wider set of Compliance and where relevant develop related tools to assist with the embedding of these policies and standards.
- Provide compliance expert advice to all 3 Lines of Defence.
- You will continuously liaise with business stakeholders to ensure appropriate action is taken to address identified issues.
- Guide Tier 1 in interpreting policies and translating them into local procedures.
- Support and cooperate with the Functional Oversight Monitoring team in monitoring global embedding of compliance policies.
- You will participate in various projects and working groups (virtual teams).
- Develop training and awareness materials and provide trainings and workshops to the Tier 1 compliance community and businesses.
- Keep up to date with trends and best practices in the financial services industry and more specific in your area of expertise.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks/reports/investigations and analysis as required by Corporate Compliance Risk Management.
The Corporate Compliance Risk Management department supports ING Bank in being compliant with applicable laws, regulations and reasonable expectations of society at large as well as being the preferred bank for its customers by ensuring that it does the right things, the right way with integrity. This entails that every employee within ING Bank respects the Orange Code, the letter and spirit of applicable laws, regulations, as well as policies, standards.
The Regulatory Compliance & Training team is part of the ING Regulatory Compliance & Conduct positioned at the ING headquarters in Amsterdam. The Senior Compliance Expert has a direct reporting line to the Head of the Regulatory Compliance & Training team.
The Corporate Compliance Risk Management vision is: Every ING employee will have the drive and ability to protect the bank and its customers from compliance risks, making ING Bank a benchmark in the Banking sector.
The Corporate Compliance Risk Management mission is: Compliance enables ING Bank to be the primary bank for its customers by ensuring that it is doing the right thing, the right way, with integrity. Who we are looking for
What we offer
- You have at minimum of 10 years work experience of which at least 5 years in a Compliance relevant position in the financial services sector
- You have strong knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, including MiFID II, MAD/MAR
- You have the ability to identify and clearly explain regulatory compliance risks.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, who is able to build effective working relationships and thrive in a diversified and multicultural work environment.
- Possess a 'can do' approach, passion for the business, and drive for results.
- Strong and effective communication skills - fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent analytical skills as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Organised with the ability to meet and respond to tight deadlines.
- An academic degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
We offer a challenging and stimulating working environment, a working week of 36/40 hours with a competitive salary Interested
For further inquiries, please contact Gijs de Beer, Principle of the Regulatory Compliance & Training team, on + 31 6 2958 4465 or email@example.com . We are looking forward to your application.