Manager, Financial & Regulatory Reporting
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To ensure that financial reports of the bank are prepared in accordance with IFRS and Group Accounting Policies. To review the quarterly Group IFRS reports submitted to Group Finance (Head Office), perform analysis of accounts; and handle Group queries.
- To produce timely, meaningful and accurate financial reports to different users, both internal and external.
- To assist in managing the annual external audit and relationships with auditors, regulators, and other key stakeholders.
- To manage the journal upload process for manual entries to the GL, escalate exceptions to the relevant units in a timely manner for prompt resolution, and cascade Group updates on the process for prompt implementation by the units.
Our Ideal Candidate
- To assist in the review and substantiation of FCS accounts in coordination with Group Financial Control policies.
- To embed ORMA, EUC, AML, and Health and Safety policies in BAUs.
- To perform ad-hoc duties that may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Good accounting background preferably a Certified Public Accountant
- Good and up-to-date knowledge of banking rules, tax regulations and IFRS
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Possesses an analytical mind and able to exercise mature judgment
- Works efficiently in a high-pressure environment arising from tight reporting deadlines
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .