DevOps Engineer, Maritime & Trade
Project and Candidate's profile:
The aim of this project is to develop modern cloud-based solutions that cover processing and analytics of high volume of data in Maritime and Trade domain.
We're looking for person who knows how to administer a complex system deployed in AWS. Candidate needs to be able to improve the environment in which our application is run but also make the day-to-day life of an application developer easier - automate deployment tasks, simplify build pipelines and propose alternatives. As a DevOps, you will:
As a DevOps, you will be expected to have:
- Develop and maintain platform on which the one of the flagship systems is running
- Coordinate automated patching and configuration management of and enterprise-level production cloud environment
- Incorporate high security standards and coordinate security checks and audits
- Design and implement industry class automation infrastructure for building, testing and deploying software for customers
- Develop and maintaining CI/CD process automation systems (build, deploy, test, release, monitor)
- Support the platform, using technical analysis to improve the reliability and scalability of the whole system
- Work closely with architects and developers to define building blocks and new features
- Write clean, well-structured and maintainable code
- Regularly check the monitor alarms, diagnose the symptoms, analyze the root causes and make preventive plans
- Explore new latest relevant technology, techniques, frameworks, tools, methodologies and processes
- Review existing data processing solutions and implement cost-effective and cloud-optimized alternatives.
Nice to have:
- 3+ years hands-on experience in working with AWS platform
- Experience in infrastructure-as-code: Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation
- Experience in scripting languages: Python, Bash
- Experience and demonstrated ability to create CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in using containers - Docker / Kubernetes
- Spark / Redshift experience
- Knowledge of data-processing frameworks - Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Web and HTTP proxy servers, i.e., IIS, Apache, Nginx or similar
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Participation in conferences and training
- English classes
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.